Quantcast

RM Fantasy Football League ready to go!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
you gotta admit that the QB scoring is totally whack though. randy moss had a great game for me (2 TDs, 90 yards) and basically got the same amount as a QB which had a crappy game, like vinny testaverde (15 of 26, 126 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks). he got 28 points.

hell, even look at favre's numbers. 24 of 44, 338 yds, 2 TDs and 3 INTs. he got 47 pts. decent yardage but not really a good game by any stretch, and he's worth 3x moss?

the highest non-QB scorer so far is tiki barber, w/ 65 pts for the SEASON. culpepper had 85 pts last GAME.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ya i admit it is a bit odd. This is because it rewards for QBs who take chances, and offeres like a half of a point or something simply for attempting the pass.

touchdowns are the same across the board (6 points) ints are -2,

It is definetly a bit odd.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
anyone want a RB for a WR? i stupidly cut the wrong guy and someone picked him up on waivers...doh! i've got Zereoue or McGahee on the block.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
narlus said:
mcnair is killing me in my other league...i cut trent green and picked up leftwich, which is working out OK for me right now.
I just keeping thinking.... he'll do better this week.... I guess that's the mantra of fantasy football. Tim Rattay here I come.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
It's been fun being on top for a week (though tied at 5-2) but I feel a big upset coming this week since I'm without Bulger. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Turk: Steve the coach needs to see you and bring your playbook...... you freakin' useless loser.

RESPECT GM: No Drew I'm not sure why this league of ninny's has not seen it clear to pick you up. I guess we all thought that you were going to eventually start sucking but you have just got better. However, if you start sucking again I will have to kill your family.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
narlus said:
ha, i squeaked one out last night. the MN players came through. go burleson! on a hot 2 win streak now...
Yeah, you got me. I knew I was screwed when Burleson scored on the return. Oh well, I got Diablo this week, should be a good one.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i almost didn't pick up a TE for this week (mcmichael is on bye), but now i need him to score 7 pts tonight to keep the win streak alive.

damn. i wouldn't be in the mess had i played blaylock. i picked him up, why didn't i play him???

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Mike B. said:
Yeah, you got me. I knew I was screwed when Burleson scored on the return. Oh well, I got Diablo this week, should be a good one.
Damn the RAMS!

I'm glad the Seahawks, my team, suck, no really I am....
:mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well my 4 game losing streak didn't do me any favors...i wish i could transfer some of the players i got recently in this leage (goings, j jones) to my other league, where i could actually make some $. esp now that i lost holmes for the year.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
DRB said:
Shouldn't we have one more week of regular season games?
no, it's better this way because week 17 usually has a lot of stars resting for the playoffs or not risking injury in a meaningless game. Of course I wouldn't mind it right now so I'd get Bulger back for playoff games.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Mike B. said:
no, it's better this way because week 17 usually has a lot of stars resting for the playoffs or not risking injury in a meaningless game. Of course I wouldn't mind it right now so I'd get Bulger back for playoff games.
Better for those of you already in the playoffs...... Bastages.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how many teams make the playoffs? and although this is just for fun, it's pretty weak for certain teams to have totally abandoned the league (ie, having players on IR in their starting lineups...) esp now that it's crunch time.

if we run this next year, there definitely has to be some rule changes, imo. in the words of JB, can i get a witness?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Transcend said:
what sorta changes?
I don't want to be too critical cause I know it can be a pain to be commish but there is always room for improvement. Please everyone all at once is the hard part I guess.

If it were me, I'd get rid of points for pass attempts, change getting sacked to a -1, change rush yds to 10yds/pt, make returns 20yds/pt (hey it's not easy), and maybe make playoffs have a few more teams but that depends on the total size of the league.

As for dirtbags not playing out the season, there has to be a way keep people motivated. For next year keep it free to play and be selective about who gets in and demonstrates commitment. For instance, the active "players" from this year plus a couple of known interested parties that will stick it out to fill in for this years slackers. We could collect money to enter the league and then, barring a catastrophe that keeps someone playing out the season, you get a refund. Hell, for next year, I'll throw some swag to each player that sticks it out all season and at least updates their rosters on a regular basis.

Let the playoffs begin. Hope I can hang without Bulger.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i'm thinking mainly scoring changes. the QB scoring has thrown the balance of the rosters all out of whack. coupled w/ that the fact that the draft ran early, i wasn't able to pre-rank the guys. the roster size i'd change too. instaed of having to play 3 WR, i'd go w/ the option of using a WR or RB. w/ 12 teams, getting WRs is a bit tough.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
damn, i think i just missed the playoffs. i didn't really think i had a chance, but if the headhunters had beaten respect (they only lost by 3 points or so), i would have been tied w/ respect (both at 6-8). i beat him in our only head-to-head game, which i'm assuming is the 1st tie-breaker.

oh well.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
narlus said:
damn, i think i just missed the playoffs. i didn't really think i had a chance, but if the headhunters had beaten respect (they only lost by 3 points or so), i would have been tied w/ respect (both at 6-8). i beat him in our only head-to-head game, which i'm assuming is the 1st tie-breaker.

oh well.
The first tiebreaker is total points so you would have still been on the outs. But I just made the consolations for 5th thru 8th. BUT I do get to still play for two more weeks. Anyhoo....

The quarterback scoring should be modified. But as for the rest...... I had a good time.

I do think that there needs to be MORE SMACK talk.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
I wouldn't be adverse to ponying up a little swag to make it a little more interesting and maybe keep folks involved a little more. Maybe I'll buy a Transcend jersey and put that up for next year. :thumb:

However, it was nice to have some cannon fodder.