Quantcast

RM Fantasy Football League ready to go!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
narlus said:
yeah, in my other league the trash-talking was pretty minimal too...that's the whole point of doing these things, isn't it?
This is my first fantasy league but I've been in a pick'em group with 5 guys for 5 years now. Picks against the spread. That gets very very brutal.

Next year we will get the smack going early.

(5 not 15)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I agree with those major scoring changes. To be honest i just sorta kept the defaults this year, and chose to add the pass attempt option. I figured it would keep things interesting, when in fact it just favored the pass heavy teams, whether they sucked or not. A west coast offense woulda seen a huge poinst tally even if they were bottom of the barrel. I didn't think about that in advance.

As for the draft runnign early, well that is a yahoo thing. I set it for a certain date and time, and I think it ran like 12 hours early. Not quite sure why that happenned.

I am definetly down for another league next year, but I too would prefer to keep it free. Throwin in some prizes seems like a great idea from those of us in a position to do so. I can probably drop in a tshirt or 3 and a couple of tires next year. It would be fun to do a large league with stuff published on my site. Would probably be able to score a few more prizes to throw in as well.

I hate the guys who give up halfway through, and i specifically asked for guys who would not do that this year. Too bad some chose to ignore that. Lasy year i was second to last place, but struggled through week in and week out, it was fun.

ANyways as for those of you who stuck it out this year - thanks, it was fun.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Transcend said:
I am definetly down for another league next year, but I too would prefer to keep it free. Throwin in some prizes seems like a great idea from those of us in a position to do so. I can probably drop in a tshirt or 3 and a couple of tires next year. It would be fun to do a large league with stuff published on my site. Would probably be able to score a few more prizes to throw in as well.

ANyways as for those of you who stuck it out this year - thanks, it was fun.
I'll throw in some tubeless kits or something similar for next year.

On the big league idea, I've played in one before that was ~20 players I believe and we had two divisions where 10 players drafted only from AFC teams and the other 10 from NFC teams and it made it pretty interesting. I don't know if you can do that with yahoo or not though, just an idea.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Thanks Mike. Dante C came through when it counted! I got boned th elast 2 weeks on defensive points..wrong guys in at the wrong time. Lost about 15 a week. ARGH I suck at managing.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I have enjoyed the league the last two seasons, I am still no fan of so many defense positions to field. I talk hella smack in my other leagues, but I have kown most of the guys in that league for 20+ years. I'll play next season for sure.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Well, I just purchased some airline tickets to go strangle one Mr. Volek myself. I'm guessing there will be a line of fantasy football dorks lined up outside his door but hopefully I get my turn.

I wonder how many Fantasy Super Bowls were decided by Billy's poor play?

Congratulations on the victory Transcend.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Mike B. said:
Well, I just purchased some airline tickets to go strangle one Mr. Volek myself. I'm guessing there will be a line of fantasy football dorks lined up outside his door but hopefully I get my turn.

I wonder how many Fantasy Super Bowls were decided by Billy's poor play?

Congratulations on the victory Transcend.
Come on Billy wasn't going to keep going forever.

Someone mentioned the defensive players. I liked using them.

RESPECT RULZ!!!!! (7th place)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Hey guys - I guess my boys finally came through in the end! BWAHAHA.

Just playin, I wanted to say thanks to all of you who made my obsessisive substitutions and trades worth the trouble. It was a great season, hopefully next year's will be even better. You guys (for the most part) stuck it through to the end, i appreciate it.

Now i think we need to have like aussie rules leagues or something..you know a game none of us know.

Thanks Mike! I think next year we should definetly hook up a few small prizes, would make it a bit more fun.