Quantcast

RM Flatline WC vs V-10?

wildcard

Chimp
Jul 9, 2007
I'm in the market for a new bike build and I was thinking it was going to be a RM Flatline WC but i have also been thinking about the V-10

I have never ridden a V-10 but ridden the flatline quite a few times and like it.

How do the two compare as far as feel and performance? How is the V10 8.5" vs 10"? Is 10 too much?

Opinions welcome!

Thanks!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I'm in the market for a new bike build and I was thinking it was going to be a RM Flatline WC but i have also been thinking about the V-10

I have never ridden a V-10 but ridden the flatline quite a few times and like it.

How do the two compare as far as feel and performance? How is the V10 8.5" vs 10"? Is 10 too much?

Opinions welcome!

Thanks!
Wow!!! 2 different style of bikes!!!! I raced a Flatline this season and have nothing but great things to say about it. My riding style is better suited around a SP design bike. I have had some VPP/DW design bikes over the years and just don't get the same results on them as I do a SP/Swing Link Design such as the Flatline/Old DHR/TR450 design.

Things I like about the Flatline:
  • Its a Rocket when on the Gas (Pedals very well for a SP)
  • Floats like a Butterfly and Stings like a Bee (You can Plow with it, but not a true plow bike)
  • On Rails like an F1 (This bike is the best cornering bike I have had!!!)

This bike also is not the lightest DH bike out there. Mine is 40.5lbs. Could be 38.5lbs easy. What you get from this is not having to worry about rocks dinging your frame up. The GEO is spot on for racing too. Unless your a WC racer racing outside of the US, you will not need anything slacker than this bike when riding it.

It is one of my Top 2 race bikes to date. Good luck man!!!!

Cecil:thumb:

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
I haven't rode a new V10 so I can't really compare the two. I have the 2011 Flatline pro and it does perform as Cecil says, especially in how well it corners. The one down side is that the paint on the 2011's chips super easy (the World cup version also) as opposed to the previous years. You cant go wrong with either bike....maybe the lower price on the Rocky will sway you away from the V10?

wildcard

Chimp
Jul 9, 2007
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sorry for the newb question, but my google skills have failed me and can't find any solid info on this, but what's the difference between SP and VPP ? How does SP / VPP behave under heavy pedaling, braking, cornering, floating over rough stuff, etc? Does one tend to stiffen up? is one plusher / softer than the other?

Thanks!