Quantcast

Rm Interbike Coverage - REQUESTS HERE

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Last pics are going up today as well as a wrap up article. The big story of the year wasn't who was there but who wasn't. The show was MUCH smaller than any other year I have been. Half of the expo center was empty!

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Can you post some girls inbetween all bikes to get some variation? I love bikes, but it gets kind of too much with all this techy stuff. We need something soft to.
I´m not d**ing around. This is serious business. :rant:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Last pics are going up today as well as a wrap up article. The big story of the year wasn't who was there but who wasn't. The show was MUCH smaller than any other year I have been. Half of the expo center was empty!
Plus the least amount of pictures on RM from Interbike I have ever seen. Sell you bikes its all over.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Plus the least amount of pictures on RM from Interbike I have ever seen. Sell you bikes its all over.
It was crazy how few manufacturers were there. It was almost like an accessory flea market. No real new stuff form anyone either. Anything "new" has been floating around and dissected for months now. A large dissapointment.

Also, vegas is a **** hole and they need to move this damn show back to anaheim or something.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
It was crazy how few manufacturers were there. It was almost like an accessory flea market. No real new stuff form anyone either. Anything "new" has been floating around and dissected for months now. A large dissapointment.

Also, vegas is a **** hole and they need to move this damn show back to anaheim or something.
HAHHAHA yes that place is a hole.
Dirty, STD filled, meth-head using freaks out in full force.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

I think I saw you at the show, I was at the Elka booth on Wed talking to Patrick & Tony when you may have walked up. Vegas is a hole, but it's what you make of it. I had a free room at the Bellagio and saw a comedy/burlesque show at the Paris for $15 including one free drink. Regular price was $60 with no drinks. Just gotta work the gals at the ticket booths, plenty of good deals to be had:thumb:

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
I think I saw you at the show, I was at the Elka booth on Wed talking to Patrick & Tony when you may have walked up. Vegas is a hole, but it's what you make of it. I had a free room at the Bellagio and saw a comedy/burlesque show at the Paris for $15 including one free drink. Regular price was $60 with no drinks. Just gotta work the gals at the ticket booths, plenty of good deals to be had:thumb:
And the Fixies are all over! God help them Bike messengers are puking all over lower Van Ness right now.
http://downhillnews.smugmug.com/photos/659964187_vcyEj-X2.jpg

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
If you want to go to a real bike show then go to either Eurobike or Taipei Show. Interbike is more useless than 4X.

-ska todd

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
The internet killed Interbike. Is there anything in the world we didn't already know about before the show even happened?

Seriously, who could surprise any of us at this point with pictures or interviews?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
pretty much an inevitable progression. with the instantaneous & cheap dissemination of info on the net, a physical show such as this becomes less relevant. exhibiting isn't really cost effective / feasible / or really necessary for the little guys doing the neat stuff, so that doesn't leave much of interest under the big roof.

(old guy reminisce) pre-internet bike sites such as this, interbike was awesome. it was THE venue for launching the cool new gear, and everybody was there. the public wouldn't see the goods until the mags published a couple months later; definitely a gearhead's mecca.

*edit* - bizutch said that a bit more concisely.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
And as the value of the show decrease the price to display does not. The amount of stupid ways trade show try to squeeze money out of exhibitors is really a turn off. I predict the death of Interbike if they do not do something about their business model.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Who knows how would Interbike look like if it was held before Eurobike ?
My guess is not really that different. The major "cool" stuff has been on race bikes (mtb, road etc) for months now.

As mentioned, the show SOAKS people for booth space, as well as all manner of work. Booths MUST be assembled by unionized workers, all lights must be wired/plugged in my unionized electricians etc. It's crazy.

Not to mention vegas is pricey as it is, and a complete ****hole.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Our company goes to a big trade show in Chicago every two years. Total waste of money, costs us over 5 million dollars. It helps our sales a little bit but only because our website sucks. If we invested 10% of that in a good website we would get better returns.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
i also think if ib was before eurobike it would have looked totally different !
there is no sense for the 2 major bike shows to happen with less than a month apart.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
As mentioned, the show SOAKS people for booth space, as well as all manner of work. Booths MUST be assembled by unionized workers, all lights must be wired/plugged in my unionized electricians etc. It's crazy.

Not to mention vegas is pricey as it is, and a complete ****hole.
its the same for CES. by the time CES rolls around, most people have seen the new tech on the intraweb or at other trade shows a few months prior.

our booth has been off-site of CES for years, but the union a-holes still give you a Shawshank Redemption rapping.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003

hmmm... i recall telling you this was to be the case while we were in austria. now do you believe me :D

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
If the date and location were changed I think a lot more people would get behind a US show again. But, if you ask Interbike/Bicycle Retailer (full disclosure, they are both owned by Nielsen :rolleyes:) the numbers were up...:crazy:

-ska todd

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
nah, we need something mid year to get all giddy about
We have that, it's called Crankworx. Hmm...Interbike in Vancouver the Tue/Wed/Thu between Crankworx weekends..hmm...now that would be a show people would go to!

-ska todd

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
The internet killed Interbike. Is there anything in the world we didn't already know about before the show even happened?

Seriously, who could surprise any of us at this point with pictures or interviews?
The main goal for exhibitioners shouldn't necessarily be to introduce new product to the public ...the goal should be to sign up new dealers/take orders/get face time with existing dealers. Trade shows are still good for the latter.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
We have that, it's called Crankworx. Hmm...Interbike in Vancouver the Tue/Wed/Thu between Crankworx weekends..hmm...now that would be a show people would go to!

-ska todd
brilliant. we've got a spiffy new convention center with a view of the north shore too. dirt demo would rock.