Quantcast

RM moral advice club

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know you monkies are the best moral advisors so here's the deal:

How and in what circumstances can you try to bag your friends ex? Let's say they were together 2 weeks, met 5 times and he freaked out so it's hardly serious but it was ~6months ago. The girl seems eager but she was a bit obsessive in his case (well asked about him a lot, no stalking or destroying property). Go for it or don't risk it?

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Easy, follow the Bro Code. Ask your buddy - if he says it's cool green light. If he says no red light.

or

If he really isn't a bro you mind losing the bag it.

Link to Bro Code

A seris of rules defining on how a set Bro should act.
The Bro Code
1.Thou shalt not sleep with your Bro’s ex-girlfriend.
2.Bros before hoes.
3.Never drink the last beer, unless you have been granted specific permission that it is OK
4.If a girl falls into the following criteria, she is off limits forever until the end of time:
A. Was an ex-girlfriend.
B. Your Bro specifically told you he wanted her.
C. Is you're Bro's sister.
However, if it's your Bro's cousin, well she's up for grabs, and you're welcome to rub it in his face for years to come.
5.Never diss a Bro if his team just lost a crushing game.

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Meh, who cares? I have an ex who dated like 3 of my friends (she's a tad saucy) and her and I are still friends.

But... I was the first one in there, so I can be blase about it. Dunno if I would want to be further back in the line.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Easy, follow the Bro Code. Ask your buddy - if he says it's cool green light. If he says no red light.

or

If he really isn't a bro you mind losing the bag it.

Link to Bro Code

A seris of rules defining on how a set Bro should act.
The Bro Code
1.Thou shalt not sleep with your Bro’s ex-girlfriend.
2.Bros before hoes.
3.Never drink the last beer, unless you have been granted specific permission that it is OK
4.If a girl falls into the following criteria, she is off limits forever until the end of time:
A. Was an ex-girlfriend.
B. Your Bro specifically told you he wanted her.
C. Is you're Bro's sister.
However, if it's your Bro's cousin, well she's up for grabs, and you're welcome to rub it in his face for years to come.
5.Never diss a Bro if his team just lost a crushing game.
It's tricky because he is less asertive than a flag weaving on the lunar wind.
I'm not sure yet because my judgement is coulded by being overworked and since even if I like a job I hate office jobs I'm a big negative lately so right now I think pass but on the other side I like sex.

btw. 4C is stupid :P

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
It's tricky because he is less asertive than a flag weaving on the lunar wind.
I'm not sure yet because my judgement is coulded by being overworked and since even if I like a job I hate office jobs I'm a big negative lately so right now I think pass but on the other side I like sex.

btw. 4C is stupid :P

Is it me or did this post not make a lick of Fu<king sense?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
4c is game. As for the initial scenario, one of my best friends and I have not talked in 7+ years because of an ex. They started dating, which I had no issues with. It was that they lied and kept it behind my back that burned our friendship. Better to be straight up. If you legitimately have feelings for the girl, and you're not just trying to hit it, tell him. Just hope she doesn't go stalker on you.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Is it me or did this post not make a lick of Fu<king sense?
Now that I read it it doesn't. Hope the call I was making at the time has more. I was speaking about my bro. I'm saying right now I think of passing on her because of what you say since my bro will likely tell me it's fine even if it isn't.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Going behind your friend's back could create hard feelings. It doesn't hurt to ask him especially since he won't say no, plus you'll have a clear conscience.

If it was just a two week thing, there's no reason why he should care.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Going behind your friend's back could create hard feelings. It doesn't hurt to ask him especially since he won't say no, plus you'll have a clear conscience.

If it was just a two week thing, there's no reason why he should care.
The thing is he is not assertive at all so he will tell me it doesn't bug him even if it will.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Dont do it. This never ends well if they actually dated, specially if she was a little crazy for him and it ends up working out for you. If all he had was a one nighter with her and all you want is a one nighter and noone will see the girl again then its game, but if either of you will see the girl... stay away.

I to have not spoken to my best friend for years over a girl. She is a ho and I was with her for some time, then they got together after I told him she was a ho.... ended up having four kids and getting divorced... still rarely speak to him at all anymore.... while things are cool now there is always that feeling that it isnt.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
What do you mean when you say your friend "freaked out"? Freaked out as in, "Get the hell away from me you psycho!" or freaked out as in "Dude she is so awesome I have visions of babies and growing old and I just can't deal with it!"

If you think he still has feelings for her and you want to retain the friendship, find someone else, regardless of what he says.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Now that I read it it doesn't. Hope the call I was making at the time has more. I was speaking about my bro. I'm saying right now I think of passing on her because of what you say since my bro will likely tell me it's fine even if it isn't.
BINGO- you know your friend, follow your gut. Sounds like you don't want to lose him. There will be plenty of others and in the meantime, there's the internet!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Well then that's his problem. You did your part.
I disagree- some people/cultures will be polite to no end. Sometimes having integrity cannot rely on what someone says you can or cannot "do".

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I'd say it depends on the "bag" aspect. Seriously date/fall in love/blah blah blah? *Definitely* ask for your friend's permission. Crazy drunken sex one night after an innocent game of strip-spin-the-bottle? Eh, go for it, and maybe ask for forgiveness afterwards.

In other words, an emotional attachment between you and said ex-gf would be far more damaging than a brief sexual relationship. By the way, "2 weeks" is not a relationship, except possibly in college.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I'd say it depends on the "bag" aspect. Seriously date/fall in love/blah blah blah? *Definitely* ask for your friend's permission. Crazy drunken sex one night after an innocent game of strip-spin-the-bottle? Eh, go for it, and maybe ask for forgiveness afterwards.

In other words, an emotional attachment between you and said ex-gf would be far more damaging than a brief sexual relationship. By the way, "2 weeks" is not a relationship, except possibly in college.
I'm not really in the mood for any attachments. I have little time anyway and really like the <2h of freedom I have every day. A GF would reduce that below zero.

The bike idea is good. Went riding yesterday in -10C in my silly non biking shoes and only a hoodie and no gloves. It was a ton of fun to get back on a bike after 2 weeks of non riding.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
2 weeks, 5 dates, 6 months ago? your bro hardly has any say in the matter, she was basically a passing date, not a girlfriend.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
If you're thinking about dating this girl then check with your friend first.

If you're just looking for a good time... go for it. Then you and your friend will be "Eskimo Brothers".

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think what a lot of you guys are missing is the practical side of this.

It doesn't matter if the other friend has claim, or does not have claim, to be mad. It doesn't matter if the other guy says "okay" if he doesn't mean it.

The reality is that this friend may or may not actually get mad. I think you have to ask him first of all, and second, if there's a high probability he may say it's okay but not mean it, you have to evaluate how important his friendship is. Frankly, unless he's more of a casual social acquaintance, I'd have a hard time seeing a little bit of fun being worth it. If she's serious relationship material, maybe.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I think what a lot of you guys are missing is the practical side of this.

It doesn't matter if the other friend has claim, or does not have claim, to be mad. It doesn't matter if the other guy says "okay" if he doesn't mean it.

The reality is that this friend may or may not actually get mad. I think you have to ask him first of all, and second, if there's a high probability he may say it's okay but not mean it, you have to evaluate how important his friendship is. Frankly, unless he's more of a casual social acquaintance, I'd have a hard time seeing a little bit of fun being worth it. If she's serious relationship material, maybe.
if I am reading the original post correctly we are talking about a girl his friend saw 5 times, 5 whole times, during a 2 week span....6 months ago.....I don't even remember that girls name anymore....I think we are all making a Mt. Everest sized mountain out of a mid michigan ski hill here.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
The bike idea is good. Went riding yesterday in -10C in my silly non biking shoes and only a hoodie and no gloves. It was a ton of fun to get back on a bike after 2 weeks of non riding.
This way you don't have to take a cold shower every day ;).

Other plus points: A bike is easier to handle than any woman and you get a beer after the ride. (If you bought one)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You should drink a six pack of colt 45 then make your decision.
i agree with this 100%, but i'm not sure colt 45 is available in poland. :rofl:

also, if you feel inclined to ask permission for this from a friend who spent a teensy bit of time over the course of 2 weeks half a year ago (and has probably forgotten about her by now), then maybe you aren't the kind of person who should be having casual sex.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
if I am reading the original post correctly we are talking about a girl his friend saw 5 times, 5 whole times, during a 2 week span....6 months ago.....I don't even remember that girls name anymore....I think we are all making a Mt. Everest sized mountain out of a mid michigan ski hill here.
Right, but that's not the point. BV is correct. Whether the OP's friend should mad is not the question. Even if the friend should not get mad, he might anyway. So it's really a cost-benefit analysis: Is the cost of potentially creating a problem with a friend worth the benefit of getting some play with this chica?

And frankly the friend sounds like a pansy who needs to learn some hard lessons about communication.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Whether the OP's friend should mad is not the question. Even if the friend should not get mad, he might anyway.
Exactly. You don't owe him anything - he doesn't own her. So it doesn't matter what should be, the only thing that matters is what could happen, and whether or not you care.

No, 5 is stupid.
All of them are f***ing stupid. Really? A rational human being should think someone's gender should have more to do with your loyalty towards them than the actual relationship with that person?

There's no "bro code." There's just people treating each other with dignity - or not, if the individual relationship allows for it.