Quantcast

RM persona VS. real life persona thread

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I met a guy on the trail and he knew me from here. He was telling me that a local riding place sucks and he never goes there any more?? Well it just so happened to be the trails I kind of take care of. WTF mate? So I politely let him know I didn't agree with him. Then he told me that he knew me from Ridemonkey and kind of back pedaled a bit. He wanted me to guess who he was and didn't feel like playing that game. I guess my online persona is the same. Asshole.....

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yeah thats funny, cause I always get asked if I'm stoned, but never am. I'm super laid back and like to listen to people, instead of controlling a conversation. I've learned alot by listening to people. Put me on a bike, and BAM! I'm crazy. Energy comes from every direction. Oh yes, and I can be a sarcastic assclown on the online.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
ncrider said:
So what are you really like behind that avatar?
I AM my avatar. I'm small, really high energy, competitive, need a fair amount of attention, pick fights with Great Danes, etc. Call me Jackie. Jackie Russell...

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
motomike said:
yeah thats funny, cause I always get asked if I'm stoned, but never am.
:stupid:

People continuously ask that to me also. :think: I don't talk a whole lot if I don't know people that well, but if I do know people im pretty outgoing and sarcastic.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I'm about the same in person, except that I have a really eccentric sense of humor. On and off with being talkative, one day I can be really talkative, and on the next day, a peice of paper is louder than I am. Not stand offish, but am a bit reserved when meeting new people, am willing to help out if anyone is in need. Oh and I am not that dorky in person as I am online.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Rip said:
I'm about the same in person, except that I have a really eccentric sense of humor...
Rip's Location: NJ, where the weak are killed and eaten.

This is so hilarious. I love this. :thumb:

I miss the East Coast. sigh.

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
Well lets see, unlike Homer, I am: fairly inteligent(not a great writer though) I'm not yellow, I have more than 2 strands of hair, I am extremely protective of my freinds(you mess with them, you are gonna get fvcked up.) I am fairly laid back however, you say sumtin really stupid or rude to me or my freinds I can and will snap.

If you are a freind of mine, I will do anything I can to help you out(to the fullest.) I like to joke around alot, make jokes with freinds, about them and myself. I can either be your best freind or worst enemy. I also hold a major grudge, I never forgive, and I never forget.

Most people think I am a a##hole when they first meet me, but ask anyone that actually knows me and they will tell you that I am one of the nicest people around. Plz dont get the wrong impression or me :) :)

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
I'm a 400 pound black woman that doesn't even know how to ride a bike.

I'm much more of a smart ass in person. It's one of the few things that I'm truly good at.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
On RM I'll keep quiet unless I know what I'm talking about, except when it comes to political or religious debates then I kind of go all out. Dry sense of humor, not terribly engaging but I'll find something witty to say from time to time. In the 'real world', as I like to call it, I don't exactly avoid confrontation, I just enjoy watching it play out in front of me and see what happens. I find it easier to write than to talk. I'm generally shy, but I have a lot of close friends. That's my self assessment, those who know me probably would think something entirely different.

mtnbiker66

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
In a van down by the river.
motomike said:
yeah thats funny, cause I always get asked if I'm stoned, but never am. I'm super laid back and like to listen to people, instead of controlling a conversation. I've learned alot by listening to people. Put me on a bike, and BAM! I'm crazy. Energy comes from every direction. Oh yes, and I can be a sarcastic assclown on the online.
I've met you Moto, your not sarcastic............ OK I guess you are. What did you learn from that bunch at the monkeyfest this year??

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
motomike said:
yeah thats funny, cause I always get asked if I'm stoned, but never am.
yeah this one time some guys who were getting stoned told me that i already looked stoned. man that was an awkward gondola ride to the summit.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I am always looking for a good time
I am loud and sometimes obnoxious.
never take me seriously.. unless i am serious
I joke around all the time and I like to make people laugh
some times people just dont get my humor
I am very sarcastic
I say things so seriously at times that people who dont know me think i am
I am the bike guy at work
like my avatar I like starting things up and stirring the pot
I like shock value
I say whats on my mind
I am easy to get along with and very laid back
I am crazy
I am who am

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
mtnbiker66 said:
I've met you Moto, your not sarcastic............ OK I guess you are. What did you learn from that bunch at the monkeyfest this year??
The monkeyfest wasn't my greatest moment...I learned that everybody at the monkeyfest were a bunch of losers. :blah: :)

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I dont have enough posts to have an RM persona, but what your read is bravado. I'm a coward in person. I cant argue my way out of a paper bag. I like to think I'm somewhat of a misanthrope as I dont really like to talk to people I dont know very well, unless I cant see them (i.e. ridemonkey forums). Oh, and I dont think my crap stinks.

and bluebug I like your signature

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I'm still the same asshole I am on here....but worse live! :p :D

and I suck at evrything I do and attempt. I'm really a fat pr**k with no talant and rarely, if ever, contribute to society.

I should be lined up on a wall and shot. :dead:

Seriously, I am rather enthusiastic, and come of flakey to some at first. I'm more loyal than I should be and I enjoy laughter, and can't STAND when someone is sad and will go out of my way to put a genuine smile on someones face.

I'm involved with many community activities, but rarely if ever talk about it, as it's about the deed and not me.