Quantcast

RM ranked #1134 biggest Message Board...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
well we all know stosh's greatest desire in life is to become a mod, but was there a large bolus of mods when you, MBC, -bb-, etc joined? was RM the sole mod, or where the others on the old board version who slinked away under cover of darkness, never to return?
I really don't remember who all the original mods were. I seem to recall RM and Gecko pretty much running things themselves. Besides the somewhat recent addition of Echo, I don't think a mod has been added for at least a couple of years.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
narlus said:
well we all know stosh's greatest desire in life is to become a mod, but was there a large bolus of mods when you, MBC, -bb-, etc joined? was RM the sole mod, or where the others on the old board version who slinked away under cover of darkness, never to return?

There were a few that never used the board so I removed them. I remember one guy was AWOL for over a year and so I replaced him as mod. He sent me an email basically stating "how dare I remove my mod status without consulting me!". LOL, the jokers of this world.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
There were a few that never used the board so I removed them. I remember one guy was AWOL for over a year and so I replaced him as mod. He sent me an email basically stating "how dare I remove my mod status without consulting me!". LOL, the jokers of this world.
Maybe you can have a drawing or raffle for a "Mod For A Day" contest....

Ok, I'm just an idiot today. Sorry.

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
I really like the monkies here, really nice people, very intertaining, an very informative. the only time i really do the pinkbike thing is to talk about music and movies, but other than that im really love RM.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I Are Baboon said:
I really don't remember who all the original mods were. I seem to recall RM and Gecko pretty much running things themselves. Besides the somewhat recent addition of Echo, I don't think a mod has been added for at least a couple of years.
sirknight6 was a mod until he chewed someone's face off in a flamewar. :)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BikeGeek said:
sirknight6 was a mod until he chewed someone's face off in a flamewar. :)
Really? Was that when he was going through tough times?

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
H8R said:
Really? Was that when he was going through tough times?
I think we all were at the time. It was shortly after 9/11 and there were some posts that were totally uncalled for that set a bunch of us off.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
narlus said:
"large bolus of mods"? heh :rolleyes:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
He's been reading "It Pays to Enrich Your Word Power" again......... :p

-S.S.-
i do suppose when eating mods they can be rolled up into a small ball and propelled down the gullet by the tongue... :think:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Merriam Webster said:
Main Entry: bo·lus
Pronunciation: 'bO-l&s
Function: noun
Etymology: Late Latin, from Greek bOlos lump
1 : a rounded mass: as a : a large pill b : a soft mass of chewed food
I think he's implying something about you, IRB... Maybe you should go to the gym more often. :think:

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Mirriam Webster said:

I think he's implying something about you, IRB... Maybe you should go to the gym more often.
Toshi said:
is mirriam merriam's sister? :D
I like that you all spelled the name of the dictionary wrong. :think:

EDIT: Good catch Toshi. A little too subtle for me at first glance. :)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Smelly said:
Holy crap! The top poster has over 250,000 posts! That dude needs :help:
There are users here that are in that realm. Though you can't tell just by looking at their post counts.

well, maybe not quite that high.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
"large bolus of mods"? heh :rolleyes:
damn med students picking up on my improper word usage..."bolus" in my line of work has taken on the same meaning as "large spike addition to existing tank volume", or along those lines. at least at where i work. i blame my ex-boss.

i need to recalibrate.

Helllooooooo there. So good to be back in the fold ( so to speak ) This place has taken off/changed/multiplied/increased exponentially yada yada yadaH...so good to see some old handles still beating around the bush though. Me, well Ive been without regular interweb access ( ohmygawd!) so I really only check emails, do banking ( is that safe?) and sensible stuff...BORING!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
narlus said:
What you takin bout Willis!?!?! :mumble:

;)

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
binary visions said:
Too bad the historical posts aren't retained... Sometimes I'd like to see some of the really old stuff.
I couldn't agree more; I can't wait until web space and transfer isn't at a premium anymore and everything can be permanently archived...