Quantcast

RM usernames vs Slopemonkey

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yo RM, cant we somehow link the usernames to both of the forums so that those of us existing monkeys dont have to register over there? I mean i want to check it out and get some posts going but i really dont want to have to make a new name...

I thought that was going to be the deal :confused:

I dont know the msg board software that much but it cant be much harder than linking the login to a common db that stores usernames and passwords...Am I correct?

Anyone else agree?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
McGRP01 said:
Why create a new name? I just used the same one.

I can see your point, but this just doesnt seem logical, by that rule, there could be 10 McGRP01 s on the soon to be large monkey network...I dont like it.

I think if we are on here, our names should carry over to all the soon to be monkey's...anyone else concur?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I can see your point, but this just doesnt seem logical, by that rule, there could be 10 McGRP01 s on the soon to be large monkey network...I dont like it.

I think if we are on here, our names should carry over to all the soon to be monkey's...anyone else concur?
Ahhh...so you're not against using the same name on different boards, just to lazy to re-register. Gotcha. :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
McGRP01 said:
Ahhh...so you're not against using the same name on different boards, just to lazy to re-register. Gotcha. :D
no real problem with registering...i dont know why someone would do this, but anyone can have anyone's name over there? I guess i am just thinking about it with an IT mind, because i deal with data all day...:dead:

infact, im going over there to register the name "stosh" right now.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
manhattanprjkt83 said:
no real problem with registering...i dont know why someone would do this, but anyone can have anyone's name over there? I guess i am just thinking about it with an IT mind, because i deal with data all day...:dead:

infact, im going over there to register the name "stosh" right now.
Ahhh.....my bad. I see what you're saying now. Guess you just gotta "get 'em while they're hot".

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i mean maybe this should just be a premium member function where those with the premium status would be written to another "premium" db which is read by all boards?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I was going to use a shared user table, but then I realized that a lot of members on here have bike specific usernames, and would probably rather have different usernames on a snowboarding site.

If you want the same username odds are it's still available to be registered.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Ridemonkey said:
I was going to use a shared user table, but then I realized that a lot of members on here have bike specific usernames, and would probably rather have different usernames on a snowboarding site.

If you want the same username odds are it's still available to be registered.
:rolleyes:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Encountered when registering N8

The following errors occurred during your registration:
Your username can not be shorter than 3 characters.

:confused:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
So, if the databases aren't connected, then we have to update our profile for every site when we want to make a change?

Also, SlopeMonkey doesn't include non-sloped snow activities?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I say the db's should be connected and make all those god forsaken bike people deal with there bike roots in the other forums.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I say the db's should be connected and make all those god forsaken bike people deal with there bike roots in the other forums.
And makes for easier identification from forum to forum instead of wondering who the hell everybody is over there from over here.

I vote for connecting the databases so current members of RM can just straight up log on to slopemonkey without registering or anything, just transferring account info over there. Maybe even include post count/avatars and all that if people want? That way our aristocracy based on post count can still exist. ;) :p

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
<snip>

I vote for connecting the databases so current members of RM can just straight up log on to slopemonkey without registering or anything, just transferring account info over there. Maybe even include post count/avatars and all that if people want? That way our aristocracy based on post count can still exist. ;) :p
Clean up my horse's $hit, Squire. :D

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
COmtbiker12 said:
And makes for easier identification from forum to forum instead of wondering who the hell everybody is over there from over here.

I totally agree, it will get crazy with all these names flying around, and i would like to keep all my information across all boards...

As far as post count, i think this would be a good idea to carry over as well...post count does have some merit, because you dont really get that high of a post count if you are a total d1ck, i mean noone is going to stick around if they get flamed constantly...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
manhattanprjkt83 said:
I totally agree, it will get crazy with all these names flying around, and i would like to keep all my information across all boards...

As far as post count, i think this would be a good idea to carry over as well...post count does have some merit, because you dont really get that high of a post count if you are a total d1ck, i mean noone is going to stick around if they get flamed constantly...
Two names on two boards, that will just be madness...

New board, new post count.

:nopity:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If you post enough, post count doesn't matter since you know who's opinion you enjoy/respect/whatever.

Why would anyone want multiple IDs across the internet? I mean, other than having fun with a second personality. But if you're really posting, well, I'm sure people appreciate me having one ID, makes ignoring me a whole lot easier :)

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I already created an acount under the same name. If you combine them, can you replace mine, with mine on here (with same post count,..)

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I am .:Jeenyus:. over there also. For some reason it hasn't sent me an email yet (registered an hour ago) and I can log in but not make posts... :think:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Have you read a stinyboy thread?