Quantcast

road rage and guns

E

enkidu

Skookum said:
Trying to pass someone is not playing games. Neither is pulling a piece out.

From the time i first approached the guy to the time he showed me his gun, was about 15 seconds. No reason to pull a gun out on the road anyways, but i did nothing to provoke such a response.
I almost wish our eye/sun-glass' frames could take pictures to record a vivid first hand eye-witness account. Overt display of camera will incite the gun toter further and be counterproductive, but a quick action covert camera will be handy in that and many other cases.

btw, props to your quick decisive response, making it possible for the cops to arrest the culprit so promptly.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
I use to go nuts when I drive. Why? I pulled over one day after a complete rage and assessed how my body felt. Not good. Think about what you are doing to yourself. Is it really worth it?

Think when you are driving? Where are you going? You realize how much time your saving going 90 vs 60 when commuting home? Not much. But every day I see IDIOTS on their roof in the woods.

Here's how I drive. I keep at least 3 car lengths between me and another car. I don't get into rages. If someone is going nuts, I move out of their way or pretend they don't exist. I also assume that every driver on the road does not see me, or is out to kill me.

I stay way way the **** away from semi's. Those are a horrorshow waiting to happen. I listen to music loud and get into a zone. I breathe deep as well sometimes and just try my best to relax. Driving sucks. I absolutely despise automobiles. They do nothing for me but get me to work and to where I want to go. Other than that, it's just a realization that they are dangerouse piles of depreciating sh**

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dang man, I have never had a gun pulled on me in traffic and I live in freaking LOS ANGELES! Maybe I will move to Nor Cal or Oregon. Washington sounds too dangerous. ;)

Glad you are OK, and glad you were able to call the cops so they could arrest him. Sounds like he needs a time out.

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
Skookum, sounds like a crazy experience - glad to hear that you came out ok, and that the cops picked the guy up.

doesn't WA have some serious firearm penalties?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Tenchiro said:
Time to go on a crime spree in San Fran, now that the populace is defenseless.
Come over to my neighborhood, and you will get the beat down of your life. You won't even have time to pull your gun.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus