Quantcast

Road rides around San Diego

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
I'm going to be hanging out with some friends in San Diego this week and might bring my road bike. Any one have any good ride suggestions? I've ridden lots of mtb stuff in the area, but nothing on the road.

I've read that the ride up to the Lighthouse at Cabrillo National Monument is good.....

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
go east away from the traffic. You can ride up to Alpine and Jamul, down Honey Springs to the Olympic Training Center..lots of climbing.

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
go east away from the traffic. You can ride up to Alpine and Jamul, down Honey Springs to the Olympic Training Center..lots of climbing.
Thanks - I just checked that out on google maps, looks fun. But I think I'm stuck in town and need rides that start from the La Jolla area.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Thanks - I just checked that out on google maps, looks fun. But I think I'm stuck in town and need rides that start from the La Jolla area.
well you could start that from La Jolla :D

If you want something shorter/easier just head up along the coast. For hills you could climb up Mt Soledad all ways possible. They are tough climbs! Or, you could head past UCSD and Torrey Pines golf course and keep going as far along the coast as you want and just turn around.

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
well you could start that from La Jolla :D

If you want something shorter/easier just head up along the coast. For hills you could climb up Mt Soledad all ways possible. They are tough climbs! Or, you could head past UCSD and Torrey Pines golf course and keep going as far along the coast as you want and just turn around.
I don't know if my spindly legs could handle that ride from La Jolla. If I can get away for a full day, I'll check it out though. Right now, I'm planning on the Torrey Pines then up the coast. Thanks for the info! :thumb:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I don't know if my spindly legs could handle that ride from La Jolla. If I can get away for a full day, I'll check it out though. Right now, I'm planning on the Torrey Pines then up the coast. Thanks for the info! :thumb:
Come on, you're from Idyllwild, there is some good climbing there!:thumb: