Quantcast

Road to Demo has washed out

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
Hey Folks,

I tried to go to Demo this weekend and found that part of the road about 3 miles north of the parking lot is gone. The outside half fell away and the inside half got covered with about 2 feet of wet sloppy mud, large downed trees, brush, poison oak etc.

You can hike over it, but it's not easy and leaves you pretty muddy. I'm not sure how to know when the road has opened back up. And I think you can get to the parking lot approaching from the south, but I don't know that route either. Anyone have better information than me?

Benton

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
SLC
Seriously, your jeep could not make it over even if it were Big Foot. Big Foot is too wide. I saw a 60 year old man with a road bike make it over, but it took him like 15 minutes to go 100 yards. Big trees down, knee deep mud.

But, last sunday it was fine (just half the road had fallen away, the other half was totally driveable). Maybe by this weekend it'll be good again.

Why would you want an excuse not to ride at Demo?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Well shoot, now I'm going to have to try it since someone said I couldn't make it :help:

Anyone know what the road that comes in from the bottom is? Is it worth it, or like a 3 hr vomit inducing ride in the car?

Also- (sorry for the hijack) do they ever open the gate to the fire road up? I would love to be able to shuttle from the bottom all the way up.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
If I had a short travel bike I would be WAY more into it. On a DH bike its just too much climbing for the amount of downhill you get. It's great for XC or a short travel bike. =]