Quantcast

Road Trip!!!

mr2monster

Chimp
Jul 23, 2005
Okay, so i am bored with life and decided to take a road trip.. This will be the mother of all road trips. I will be driving the entire country, hittin every state hopefully at a grand total mileage of 15000.

Here is my delema. I need places to go. From what i gather you can talk about basically offtopic subjects in here so i figured it was appropriate.

Anyhow, i'm looking for places that arent super touristy. National parks and stuff like that are fine just not disney land etc..

I'm also looking for the best trails around... where are they located? I'm bringin my bike with me on this trip so i want to get as much experience as i can while I'm out.

I start in mesa, AZ and end up where i end up, but i know i will be hitting WA, NY, CO, FL, and every state in between

Also, I am looking for sponsors for my vehicle. I've got a fleet sized van that i am going to be decaling with a sponsor in exchange for ??? If you're interested or know where i could start looking for sponsors let me know please.

THANKS!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
What kind of bike?

You need to hit up Whistler ( In BC ) Northstar (In tahoe) And whatever resorts they have out east (Diablo platkill ETC...)

Saw your bike......You may wanna rent a bike at the mentioned places

mr2monster

Chimp
Jul 23, 2005
chicodude01 said:
Saw your bike......You may wanna rent a bike at the mentioned places
HAHAHAHA... I know, i know. But i'm a beginner. I may rent one assuming ihave improved sustantially by the time i get somewhere that is awesome.

I put those places on my list though. keep em coming!

BTW, for everyone else.. its a Schwinn S30.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I have gone cross-country several times and one of the best routes is along the southern parts.... texas, louisiana, florida, n/s/ carolina, west virginia, virgnia up the east coast... that is if your heading in that direction... if not go west up to oregon, and head down the west coast.. you cant go wrong

mr2monster

Chimp
Jul 23, 2005
Well my plan is to head up the west coast to olympic national park, then head east to new york and niagara falls, then down to the florida keys, then over to the central US (CO and UT) and then back here to AZ.. I can definately make some stops along the south though. I would like to make this about 15000 miles long, I've only got 7800 planned out so far, so i am still up for ideas.

Mtn biking isnt the only think i hope to get out of this either. I'm a photographer as well, but have kind of lost motivation. you can only take a picture of a cactus so many times... I'd also like to go white water rafting, kayaking, parasailing, etc. etc. etc. Basically I want an adventure that i will never forget while i am young enough and can still get out of the commitments i have, and before i get too tied down.

I'll probably be selling my house and finding someone to take care of my pups. I plan to be gone for atleast 3 months, I'm hoping more.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
zion natl park
arches np
grand canyon " "
capitol reef " "
carlsbad caverns " "
mammoth cavern? " ", i forget the spelling, in kentucky
arcadia " "

browse around www.nps.gov. i took a similar trip two years ago: 7345 miles of america (three pages to that gallery, note arrows)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Over the years driving around this country has been one of the best and most rewarding experiences in my life. I usually was under the gun for time, but the times I was able to explore I will never forget. Nothing stands out right now as I type, because I loved everywhere, even the dumps, I was able to find something intriguing about every place I rolled. Mackinaw Island was cool, Some lakes in the Ozarks, Cumberland gap, any gas station in North Carolina, north platte, idaho, montana, utah, crawford texas and all the Halliburton signs-ugh, the list is endless.

Take a CB, dont take your cell phone and make sure to absorb everything you see and experience.

Sorry I didnt help much....have fun.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
On your way back when you're going threw CO hit denver, Boulder, Breckinridge, Vail, Aspen, Teluride (kinda out of the way), and then go to UT for Moab, Virgin, Zion. From there you could hit Vegas, Reno, Tahoe, Mammoth, Los Angeles, San Diego and back home to boiling hot AZ.