Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Me- some skills
My friend- little skills
4wd ford ranger with winch and superbrights

Kona Stuff
Px bommer (or maybe a Stinky 9)

So what should we do? We are doing I-5 north and south from Seattle to Santa Barbara. Should we go-go-go to goleta? I was thinking Nevada City/Grass ____ would be fun, jumping off of cliffs etc.

Which bike should I bring, and where should we stop?
I was thinking Mt. Tamalpais just for the history and appreciation. Our hardtails can handle xc, and I could definitely keep up even if I was mounted on the big bike.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Are you going the whole distance? Then there's a lot of stuff.

Stop in Eugene, there are some nice XC trails there.

I hear of a DH trail on Mt. Shasta in Nor-Nor-Cal.

There's riding in Auburn, a short detour off I-5 near Sacramento. That's on the way to Nevada City and Downieville I think. Near Tahoe is Northstar which is a lift-access DH park with tough terrain.

If you can handle a big detour than Santa Cruz has some nice stuff. Close to there is the Henry Coe park where there is a big epic ride that you can do, but stay away from that if you guys aren't big XCers, I hear it's tough. You should spend a while in the Bay Area because there's a lot of good riding if you know where to look.

Then I reccomend you get off I-5 and get on 101 near San Jose and go to San Luis Obisbo which has some stuff.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Downieville definitely. Why not a detour to Northstar? Only about an hour and half from Sactown...