Quantcast

Road Trippin' out man!

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Me, a friend, a Ford Ranger with offroad capabilities, 2 DJ bikes, or one DJ and one DH.

We are leaving Seattle Sat. 4:00, going for:
Eugene OR
Santa Barbara
San Diego

Where do you suggest we ride?
When? Who?
Will you guide us?

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Theres some great riding in santa barbara, but ive dont know any trails up there. San Diego has some great trails too, But I live in between both where there isnt anything!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
ioscope said:
Me, a friend, a Ford Ranger with offroad capabilities, 2 DJ bikes, or one DJ and one DH.

We are leaving Seattle Sat. 4:00, going for:
Eugene OR
Santa Barbara
San Diego

Where do you suggest we ride?
When? Who?
Will you guide us?
Shoot me a PM. I live about 90 miles south east of Santa Barbara. There is some good trails in SB and some really nice DH spots by my house...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Shoot Zark a PM. He knows the SB trails very well. I would suggest Tunnel, or Cold Springs. Mainly because they are the only trails I know in SB, but they are also seriously fun to ride. If you find yourself in the L.A. / Pasadena area, shoot me a PM, I know some good trails round there.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Ciaran said:
Shoot Zark a PM. He knows the SB trails very well. I would suggest Tunnel, or Cold Springs. Mainly because they are the only trails I know in SB, but they are also seriously fun to ride. If you find yourself in the L.A. / Pasadena area, shoot me a PM, I know some good trails round there.
For Santa Barbara Cold Springs and Tunnel are more towards the DH side. I dunno about a DJ bike but people do them on everything so its fine. Just think "river bed" of how many rocks there can be. Jesusita and San Ysidro trails have a little more speed to them. Both are extremely fun. Romero and some others are more "XC" so I'd just stay away from them. You could always head out to Elwood to do some dirt jumping if you wanted to. Good stuff out there!

I noticed you said 1 truck. Cold Springs, Tunnel, and San Ysidro all top from the same shuttle mountain. Unless you want to drag a DH bike up gibralter I'd try to hook up with someone in town here to shuttle with. Jeusita isn't so bad to go back up if you have to, the road isn't that long to push up "if" necessary. Just things to think about....

Good luck though, Zark is sorta the resident SB monkey who shows people the trails. I haven't errrr......ridden in a while so I'm trying to get back into shape for it. But there's a few of us here in town :)

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Wow, I go to get lunch and my name gets dropped a couple times!
I'll be happy to do the "guide" thing in SB if you're interested.

Think a whole lot of rocks and then add another dumptruck of rocks on top of that and you get the picture. A DH bike is a very good idea here. That said, I've done all these trails on hardtails too and they are still fun, just more punishing.

Blt2ride has the gnarly trails in his backyard too. Way gnarlier than SB in the "huck" and "jump" catagories ;)

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
IF U COME TO SB WEAR A BELL ON YOUR BIKE

blt2ride mabye u could show me and a couple buddies around the trails down there some day???

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
wydopen said:
IF U COME TO SB WEAR A BELL ON YOUR BIKE

blt2ride mabye u could show me and a couple buddies around the trails down there some day???
No worries, we should get Noah back out here, too. We're not too far from SB, about 70 miles or so, but the shuttle times are bit shorter than the ones in SB.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
blt2ride said:
No worries, we should get Noah back out here, too. We're not too far from SB, about 70 miles or so, but the shuttle times are bit shorter than the ones in SB.

that would be cool...i was the guy at the ellings park race on the enduro sx...we talked the day b4 the race and u let me borrow a tool i think...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
wydopen said:
there hasnt been a bell in that box for a long time...
There were 5 or 6 bells in the box when we were there last weekend. And when we were done we put them back. Hopefully people keep supporting the bell program up there. I think it's a great idea. And the hikers loved it.

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Hit the Crack in Pacifca and Boy Scout in the lower area, it's near San Francisco on Highway 1, check in with Gearhead Bikes and sign the waiver. Further south hit the Face in San Luis Obispo, you better bring the big bike for the Face.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
Ciaran said:
There were 5 or 6 bells in the box when we were there last weekend. And when we were done we put them back. Hopefully people keep supporting the bell program up there. I think it's a great idea. And the hikers loved it.

really??...they must have just put them in there..