Quantcast

Roadie pr0n spotted at the LBS....

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
gorgeous bike!

What's with the platforms? Bike like that needs a Brooks :D

I saw a Waterford with Chorus locked up with a 0.5" diameter cable lock. Looked to be at least $4k. I stood over it admiring the ride and couldn't see the owner, not that I looked hard, but who leaves a bike like that unattended?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
that green one's cool, but is that carbon fork painted?

I'd love to have a steel matching fork with rack mounts.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
jonKranked said:
that bike is effin huge! is the owner 7 feet tall? bike must have been made for Bill Brasky.
It is big as I mentioned, but I just remembered the Mootasaurus that I built a while ago. When I worked for a shop a guy brought in a size 64cm Moots he scored on ebay for cheap. I didn't cut the stear-yube on the fork at all, no spacers either, just a stem and a top cap and it fit perfectly. When it came time to test ride it I had to stand on my toolbox just to get on the stupid thing. Funny part is that the guy who owned it was a decent bit shorter than I am, but like bigger frames so he figured it would work out. Two weeks later I sold him a properly sized Moots and tore than one dow so he could put it back on ebay.:help:

N8 sorry for hi-jacking your thread, back to steel frame goodness now.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
maxyedor said:
It is big as I mentioned, but I just remembered the Mootasaurus that I built a while ago. When I worked for a shop a guy brought in a size 64cm Moots he scored on ebay for cheap. I didn't cut the stear-yube on the fork at all, no spacers either, just a stem and a top cap and it fit perfectly. When it came time to test ride it I had to stand on my toolbox just to get on the stupid thing. Funny part is that the guy who owned it was a decent bit shorter than I am, but like bigger frames so he figured it would work out. Two weeks later I sold him a properly sized Moots and tore than one dow so he could put it back on ebay.:help:

N8 sorry for hi-jacking your thread, back to steel frame goodness now.

There is a guy that came into our shop before it closed. He bought a bike for 5 bucks at a yardsale. Some type of old hardtail. It was sized for someone at least 7 feet tall and he couldnt have been more than 5 foot 6. The guy refused to buy a properly sized bike because he "got such a great bargain".

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i worked on a Waterford not too long ago. beautiful frame...blue with these hints of lighter shades of blue when the sun hit. unfortunately it had black Nokon housing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thos looks nice indeed.

I need to get some picks of the commuter at the shop. It's a Mountain Cycle Stumptown with the sweetest build.