Quantcast

Roadies who own Mountain Bikes...

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
douglas said:
anyone that says crap like Norba groomed trails, I'd pay their entry into Mount Snow & Hunter (masters of the mounatain)...with the only deal if they fall or hike a bike, then they pay me back double.

I'd be rich $$$
Plattekill's XC series is also NORBA sanctioned... :rofl:

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
Trainwreck said:
Some of the events my friends and I enter require some training (i.e. 25 miles, 4300 ft. of vertical climbing), just something you don't go out and do every ride.
No, it's just something you may not go out and do every ride. There are a lot of people who don't train, race, or ride events and ride that much almost every ride. What would make you think there isn't?

As far as Shirl 'ol girl's OP, I agree with his notions. I see the "why care what others are doing" crowd has already chimed in as I predicted they would. Why care? Becuase it's most often these people who are sanitizing trails, disregarding basic ettiquette and are so focused on either their training or gadgets that their disconnection from the experience makes them a hazard to other trail users.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When I am doing some specific hr training, I stay on the road. It is a better place for maintaining tempo and focusing on your physical state.

I don't even use a cyclometer on dirt...

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
MisterClean said:
As far as Shirl 'ol girl's OP, I agree with his notions. I see the "why care what others are doing" crowd has already chimed in as I predicted they would. Why care? Becuase it's most often these people who are sanitizing trails, disregarding basic ettiquette and are so focused on either their training or gadgets that their disconnection from the experience makes them a hazard to other trail users.
Absolutely. They are the people who cause our trails to go from tight(narrower than a handlebar) and super twisty to Bobcat wide rut jobs.
They are also the reason all of our log rides and obstacles are off to the side of the trails now.
As far as NORBA groomed trail, my idea of a groomed trail is anything you can ride side by side on. No trail should be wide enough for two bikes. When I quit racing, most trails were just three foot wide dirt roads through the woods with nothing but rocks, roots and mud to challenge the riders, blah......:mad:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MisterClean said:
No, it's just something you may not go out and do every ride. There are a lot of people who don't train, race, or ride events and ride that much almost every ride. What would make you think there isn't?
:stupid:

Of course I don't get to ride nearly as much as I used to...... :(

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i'd agrue that most guys on the road are a bit tougher than guys on the mtn side. ever hit the pavement at 40mph in the second row of a field sprint? then had to get up the next day and race again? doubt it.

that being said, i love the technical ascept of mtn biking and i'd be willling to bet take out the suspension from under your legs and you aren't riding half the **** you are now.