Quantcast

Roadies

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Don't get me wrong, aixelsyd.

Living and riding in San Francisco, I have seen some Darwin-oriented two-wheeled maneuvers.

Bikers should take responsibility for their own safety, and if that means riding single file on a tight road, then that is what you should do.

But I have also pounded out thousands of miles in groups and alone, and not every moment I was in a safe position. I might have been third man across, or on a road with no shoulder. I might have just been tired and not paying attention.

The big thing is that I'm the one who is going to die if there is wreck.

So if you want to rant about how roadies are disrespectful bastards, I'm sure you can find plenty of proof.

I ride road and mountain, and the last thing I would ever do is get mad at another cyclist for delaying me while I am in a car.

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
Don't get me wrong, aixelsyd.

The big thing is that I'm the one who is going to die if there is wreck.

So if you want to rant about how roadies are disrespectful bastards, I'm sure you can find plenty of proof.

I ride road and mountain, and the last thing I would ever do is get mad at another cyclist for delaying me while I am in a car.
Once again, i didn't mean for my post to come off as an attack against all roadies. It is perplexing to me as well that some people would take their life in their hands by some of the actions I have seen out on the road. I have and will always watch out for other cyclists. Be it stopping on the trail to help someone fix their chain suck/ chain guide issue or offer a patch or use of a pump to a roadie in need. Yes both of those things really happened.
We're all on two wheels be it on the pavement or in the woods and we all need to look out for each other.