Quantcast

Roam

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Specialized to Distribute ROAM - A new mountain biking film by The Collective
Film to Feature Specialized Riders Berrecloth, Hunter, Romaniuk

March 15, 2006 – Morgan Hill, CA – - On the heels of their wildly successful debut project, The Collective is set to release ROAM, a new mountain bike film that depicts the travels of some of the world’s top riders as they explore new places to ride and visit some of the most notorious meccas of mountain biking. Long time sponsor and friend of The Collective, Specialized, is proud to announce worldwide distribution of ROAM through Specialized retailers and via www.specialized.com. ROAM will be available for purchase beginning May 1, 2006.

The world premiere of ROAM will take place during The Sea Otter Classic, Friday, April 7, at the historic Monterey Conference Center in downtown Monterey, CA. Following the premier, ROAM will roam around the globe on a six-week theatrical tour. “We’re putting the final touches on the film right now and can’t wait to get it on the big screen soon,” says ROAM Producer, Jamie Houssian. “The riders that we worked with and the locations we shot in were unreal”. Stay tuned to www.specialized.com or www.thecollectivefilm.com for tour schedule and updates.

The trailer can be found here.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
It's going to be the same as every other FR movie. Cool riding that gets ruined by slo-mo, replays, and bad music.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
ThePriceSeliger said:
The Collective did have a lot of slo-mo, but the filming and angles were the best part. Their music was really good IMO.
It was a short film and I honestly fell asleep watching it. Yet I can watch earthed2 a couple times in a row..........

The angles and shots can be amazing. But when they are slowed down, sped up, and re played it ruins it. Just play the clip. Don't cut it up and show it 85 different ways.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
bballe336 said:
It was a short film and I honestly fell asleep watching it. Yet I can watch earthed2 a couple times in a row..........

The angles and shots can be amazing. But when they are slowed down, sped up, and re played it ruins it. Just play the clip. Don't cut it up and show it 85 different ways.
You have a good point, and I can also whatch Earthed so many times. I really did enjoy the Collective just because somewhere inside me there is still some freerider left.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I like it, looks like it might be good. But I like slo-mo bullsh!t and a majority of the music in freeride flicks.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
narlus said:
bballe2323, you complained about _the collective_ doing sped up film, yet you liked _earthed 2_?
No mainly what I am complaining about is how they don't ever show a normal clip. At least earthed is at the same speed the whole time and it really isn't sped up THAT much. The collevtive had clips that were sped up then slowed down then replayed about 9 times. It made me dizzy and tired.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
bballe336 said:

Dude, then don't watch it. The Collective was probably one of the best MTB/FR films out there currently, at least IMHO.

gnurider1080 said:
from a filmmaker's standpoint, roam and the collective>all other mountain biking movies.
:stupid:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Oh man, the Collective was total tripped out 'soul-brah' crap with music to match. We put in on at the shop, turn the background nonsense "music" off and wait for the stackage scenes. Total trash soundtrack. And please, please, do not slow down footage! Dirt jumping is not a transcendental experience and should not be 'tranced' out.

Earthed 2 on the other hand, totally owns and I look forward to Earthed 3.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
robdamanii said:
Dude, then don't watch it. The Collective was probably one of the best MTB/FR films out there currently, at least IMHO.
Do you think he's sitting there like Alex in Clockwork Orange with the vid on repeat? He probably doesn't need you to tell him not to watch a movie he doesn't like.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
robdamanii said:

Agreed! I could not be more excited about another Collective Video. I am a DHer, but I also enjoy Jumping and dropping. I love watching it as well, and The Collective is an amazing video for the riding, and the filmmaking.

BigMike gives it :thumb::thumb:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
bballe336 said:

Yea that is why I got tired of watching Cribs on MTV because all they do is just show 85 different quick 1/2 second clips of each car. Its get super annoying.

I cant wait for this movie to come out. I think they did an excellent job on the Collective...so maybe this one will be even longer and better.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I dont understand how people can hate on this teaser :confused:. Just because there isnt a slow mo shot of super t doing a dead sailor huck to the sweet sounds of HED PE, doesnt mean it isnt a good film. I personally think roam is going to blow the doors off of mtb film making (even more so than the collective). Other producers are gonna have to step it up.

_Bill

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i am very excited about this video. i think that the collective stepped up mountain bike videos in huge way. maybe other video producers will follow up with the same level of quiality in their fottage as well as the unique perspectives and angles they used.

too bad all i get o nthe teaser is the noise and nothing else.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I want so many movies right now.

Earthed 3, Dirt 3, Roam, Super 8, Hypnosis, and Top Soil 2 all look awesome.