Quantcast

Roanoke, V.A.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
my dad lives in the 'noke (roanoke) and i go up there often

anyone know of any good spots to ride 'round there

downtown is not too great for urban to my knowllage and all thats good that i know of are some parks

Anyone got any suggustions

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Message Castle he is the man to talk too. He is all about spreading the Freeride love out there. Only problem is he broke his leg so he won't be able to ride for about 2 months on anything hard but he is a good resource to talk too.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
If you're into freeriding, your hard pressed to find anything. Head to Just The Right Gear and you'll be pointed in the right direction. dont know about the street scene there as I'm not good enough to ride street.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
damn, you guys are gonna have groms stalkin' me!

yeah I'm out with a broken leg!

yeah there is mtn riding down here! (but you have to be willing to pedal/push)

should be back on the bike hopefully in another month fingers crossed!

Depending on what type of street riding you like downtown is fun! combined with Wasena it can be a day of good street/park ridin

I should be in and out of the bike shop more when I can move around without my leg swelling, so stop in the shop sometime or shoot me a pm in a few weeks!

edit:
Carvins Cove and Explore Park are purely XC spots.....

Carvins Cove has many more miles of trails and much more elevation.

Some of the better trails in the area are not very accessable and take some work on a big bike to get to. They are also not easy to find.

Just the Right Gear
540-384-7800

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
i ride alot in Winston but have never ridden in noke besides riverside skatepark and my neighborhood

i dont really know any of the good spots or shops where to go