Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The audio band is low into the base levels...
They don't call them fart cans for nothing. :rofl:

<edit> There is just something about the sound of the boxer engine that just grates my nerves. Like a motor with a dead cylinder. Then it's multiplied by the unmuffled sound of an overactive blow off valve.

I would call the cops on you, too.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Then how do you explain the resonating bass from your classic American truck engines with straight pipes?

Pot=Kettle:thumb:
The sound of a tuned 327 is not the same thing, but I could unmuff my air ride valves so I can simulate your blow off valve. :D

Actually the week after I sold my '69 the lady across the street told my wife "I hated that damn truck. He would leave at 5am with the loud motor and all those air noises."

I had glass packs and when I first did the air ride I didn't have mufflers on. It was pretty annoying if you were trying to sleep, I'm sure.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The sound of a tuned 327 is not the same thing, but I could unmuff my air ride valves so I can simulate your blow off valve. :D

Actually the week after I sold my '69 the lady across the street told my wife "I hated that damn truck. He would leave at 5am with the loud motor and all those air noises."

I had glass packs and when I first did the air ride I didn't have mufflers on. It was pretty annoying if you were trying to sleep, I'm sure.
Exactly. As to the BOV, mine is silent. To get enough buildup in a Subaru engine that you will need an after market BOV, the car will not be road friendly to say the least. The stock STI BOV is silent, which is what most adults prefer.
I'm sure you experienced the same with your truck, but I always get a chuckle when setting off car alarms. When/if we get confirmation that CO is a go, I intend to drive out in the morning in first gear instead of dropping into second right away. Going to wind the isht out of that car and see how many alarms I can set off on my way out.:thumb:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You should install a train horn in place of the BOV, that would piss her off.

My '66 is a lot quieter than my F350 diesel was, so my neighbors consider it an upgrade.

<edit> There aren't any car alarms in my neighborhood. But I don't live in the ghetto, either. :thumb: