Quantcast

Roast Pork and Peaches

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Gotta share this one - I was inspired by a Jamie Oliver recipe and made a roast pork loin with thyme and peaches last night, holy crap it was yummy.

I bought a whole, boneless loin with thick fat cap, about 3 lbs. (Butcher did not have any bone-in.) I butterflied the fat cap, opening a big flap but leaving it solidly attached. I rubbed the whole thing down in salt, pepper, fresh thyme, and room temp butter, then filled the cavity with a sliced fresh peaches and more butter and seasoning. Tied together with string and stuck it in a pan on rack with the fat side up, sorta angled so the peachy goodness could not escape. Roasted at 425 for about an hour. Toward the end I tossed a bunch of extra peach slices in the pan. Pulled it when thermometer read 135. While it sat for about ten minutes, I made a quick pan sauce.

It was just the right side of pink and super juicy with a crisp fat layer, and the peaches roasted up sweet and fantastic. I served slices with the filling intact and more peaches on top, with a little of the pan sauce. So good and really easy!!

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
I love pork! Sounds great.

<harpy noises> How about some pics next time? </harpy noises>

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Yeah, yeah. I can't seem to take an appetizing picture. Probably because I'm impatient once the food is ready. Sure was tasty.
Oh, I understand. Mine are no roaring he11 90% of the time. I just keep my little Nikon Coolpix in the kitchen.

Mostly, I take the picture because I can better remember what I did and how I did it if I take a pic.

You already wow'd us with the words, now just finish us off with the images...

...'zal i'm sayin...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
What did you serve with that?

I've already planned to make this Saturday.
Just some lightly dressed watercress and fresh bread.

Narlus, I didn't think it was too bad and I rarely stuff roasts. The key for me was to start with too many peaches and kind of squish 'em together and not worry too much when a few dropped into the roasting pan. Also, I tied off the ends first, then jammed a few more peaches in the middle before tying the middle.

You could easily add a few potatoes or root veg to the pan at some point in the cooking too. I had some great peaches and wanted a peachy pan sauce, so I just threw some peaches in for like the last ten minutes.