Quantcast

Roasted is a good Citizen.......

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
I just want to let everyone here know that Roasted and I traded forks this past week when I was up at Whizzler. He was super easy to deal with and a nice guy to boot. I am Stoked to be on this 2000 Monster T it's frickin' awesome, and he says he's having a great time with my 2003 Boxxer.

I just thought I would let all you guys know how cool he really is in person and to feel confident about hooking up with him for a trade or other bikey deals, it was nice for me to be able to try something new, and I hope it was just as cool for him to get hooked up on the Boxxer as well. This is my first significant trade of bike parts, etc.. and I am really happy with the whole arrangement.

Roasted, you're allright by me, I don't care what they say about You! :D

Attachments

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Although I agree that Roasted is an awesome dude, you should realize that Canadian = Good Sh1t. ;)

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!! Roasted, how are the boxxers?

Captain Crunch said:
I just want to let everyone here know that Roasted and I traded forks this past week when I was up at Whizzler. He was super easy to deal with and a nice guy to boot. I am Stoked to be on this 2000 Monster T it's frickin' awesome, and he says he's having a great time with my 2003 Boxxer.

I just thought I would let all you guys know how cool he really is in person and to feel confident about hooking up with him for a trade or other bikey deals, it was nice for me to be able to try something new, and I hope it was just as cool for him to get hooked up on the Boxxer as well. This is my first significant trade of bike parts, etc.. and I am really happy with the whole arrangement.

Roasted, you're allright by me, I don't care what they say about You! :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
bibs said:
I think 98% of the canadians are cool, and roated offered to show me some stuff..which I still need to take him up on!...but thats cool of him..and WHY!!! do canadians call them boxxers, shivers, monsters?? Im so confused... :)

Why...simple. I like people. I always enjoy meeting new people to ride with. Just met up with toninator this weekend for the 24 hours (congrats to him on finishing such a good course over 24hours) Also rode with Kai and slcpunk today and had a total blast (they really pushed me onto a new level going down trails I had never tried)

Currently...boxxer, slider and jrT...:D...I like to experiment with forks so I can give an honest opinion instead of an internet based one. I love how the boxxer feels but really love the slider much more (feels like a dc version of my z1 fr actually)

Thanks captain. If you are getting up here anytime soon we should meet up for a beer. It was a pleasure dealing with you and I was really nervous about the trade (first internet deal) It worked out well for both of us and I would do it again.

Mocha,

Boxxers feel interesting. The are much better than the jrT for their damping (more control over rebound and compresson I have found so far), the boxxer is FAR mroe active than my jrT :) but I really love the set and ride feel of the slider. I will know more in a couple of months when I have to do the 'routine' maintenance of sliders :D I might have complaints by then :)

Cheers

Mark

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
right on! Roasted is one bad ass canadian. First he put up with all my stupid american questions before i even met him, then he put up with all my stupid questions after i met him :) We were supposed to ride together but it didnt work out but we did meet for beers.
then he and his beth kept my beth occupied which was cool and on top of that i offered him my extra pit pass for him to come up and check out the race from the inside and just chill BUT he came up and helped in my pit.
That's super awesome rockem sockem cool.
Thanks Again Mark!
t

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
wow mark your like a regular canadian hero or something! Thanks for chillin with me and erik the other day. you are a nice guy.
kai-

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
T,

My pleasure man. Thanks again for the invite. I had a blast, and who knows, maybe next year I will be in it with a team.

Kai,

It was cool meeting you. If you are getting up here for end of season we should hook up for a couple of runs.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
El Jefe said:
You do not put forks on a bike, you put a fork on your bike. A Boxxer, a Monster, an 888.... not plural.

The odd thing is that I only do this with the Boxxer. I usually say "How do you like you're JrT, Super T, etc?", but for some reason I say Boxxers as if it's plural. My bad.