Quantcast

rob warner and freecaster

dublindh

Chimp
Jun 22, 2008
i was watching the action from the 2nd round of the world cup today on freecaster and i turned out to be amazing.with rob and rachel in the box it turned out to be well worth the time not studying..we also heard some original and signature quotes from the big man..people are going to reply saying that it klept crashing which it did for me but i think they (ie freecaster team) deserve alot of credit as setting up a international live feed cant be easy especially as they only have around 3 days to set everything up..

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Yeah I thought it was pretty good too even with the hickup on the feed. But I do recall Rob saying to Rachel that it was hard to be pumped up for all 80 riders coming down the hill and have a voice left for the top qualifiers at the end. So it made me wander if the hickups were actually valid with tech probs or they just went to make another beer run...hehe.

just my .02

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
I've tried to watch the replay of the Men's Top 5 runs several times now and it's not working, "requested stream cannot be found, try again later." Anyone else getting this?

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
It went like " Steve Peat has more natural talent then Susan Boyle"
I had to google her. I was thinking of Susan Smith which is kinda creepy because she's that bitch in SC that drowned her kids. :poster_oops:

amirh1

Chimp
Jan 3, 2009
Sunnyvale, CA
Thanks for the info Staplerzzzz

Server is back down. I love the site and appreciate what they're doing, but they should know that big ticket events like that have us DH junkies waiting all week to watch the videos. Like some others on this post, I'm willing to hit refresh 20 times just to get that 3 minute video! Alas, nothing so far has helped.

I wouldn't mind them putting MTB gear ads on the side so they could buy another server and make life a little easier...

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
"The man is faster and smoother than the Bonneville salt flats"!!!

That and the terrorism quote had me rolling.

May 6, 2004
He is funny at times but in general I think he is useless as a commentator.
I am not the biggest fan of Arthertons but I found Rachel annoying and rude at times.

Regardless my opinion about the commentators I enjoyed this round (when the internet transmission was working).

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
My fav quote was about Ben Cathro and the skin suit. something about having the worst body for a skin suit being 8 feet tall and the body of a baby giraffe

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
He is funny at times but in general I think he is useless as a commentator.
I am not the biggest fan of Arthertons but I found Rachel annoying and rude at times.

Regardless my opinion about the commentators I enjoyed this round (when the internet transmission was working).
Just as a point of contention... mt bikers aren't exactly known for their impeccable manners or sophisticated vocabulary :biggrin:

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Just watched the top 5, thought Rach was quite good and Warner always has me in stitches!

To be honest I would hate it if they had a "proper" commentator on like other sports who blithers on reading crappy facts from a piece of paper in front of him, I tune in 'cos it puts a massive smile on my face!

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
I thought it was really quite amazing when warner just said, righ, im going to see my mate, and ewnt and hugged steve.

you just wouldnt find that in other sports!

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Rachel was crap. She had nothing to ad and isn't funny. She seems too cool for school aswell which makes me feel sorry for her sponsors. When she said that she couldn't understand Fabien was the low point. He should have told her to fcuk off, learn French and get trainning to race the two other fast girls who she has to race against.

As others have said Fabien was awesome in the booth. The guy is tech, knows everything there is to know and has something to say about more than just the top 10 riders. If you're listening Freecaster get him back in the booth for the rest of the season until he's fit and leave chav Atherton in the pits.

Cabdoctor

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Sacramento
Yeah Rachel was crap. It really seemed like she was talking just for the sake of talking.

"This is the biggest comeback since Lazarus!"

Classic

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Rob Warner is the downhill equivalent of John Madden.

I wouldn't care to watch freecaster if I didn't get to hear Rob commentate.

Rachel tended to interrupt just as I was expecting to hear another great one liner from Rob.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Fabian was awesome. I couldn't believe when Rachel said that she couldn't understand him...I'm horrible with any kind of accent, half-asleep on my couch, listening to him on a webcast and I wasn't having any issue. The whole thing just came across as her treating him like an annoyance. Not cool.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
As others have said Fabien was awesome in the booth. The guy is tech, knows everything there is to know and has something to say about more than just the top 10 riders. If you're listening Freecaster get him back in the booth for the rest of the season until he's fit and leave chav Atherton in the pits.
I'd rather see him winning some races, but i he's got nothing better to do....

Anyway, I liked Rach too.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Rob & Fabien would be a great duo during WC announcing! I enjoyed his few minutes on air, hope he comes back before he heals up.

kerbdrop

Chimp
Nov 24, 2007
My girlfirend watched the top 5 with me, her words were "the guy (Warner) is good, but this girl is really childish"

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Rachel doesn't have the natural charisma of Warner. Honestly, Warner and whoever in the box - as long as he's got someone to talk to it'll be friggin fantastic, he is the best commentator there is, in any sport, because he doesn't give a **** about causing people minor offence, he has hilarious analogies, he knows what he's on about, and he actually CARES. Best choice ever for a commentator.

Fabien is cool too, really positive guy who is excited about bikes, knows his stuff and is always interesting.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Rachel was crap. She had nothing to ad and isn't funny. She seems too cool for school aswell which makes me feel sorry for her sponsors. When she said that she couldn't understand Fabien was the low point. He should have told her to fcuk off, learn French and get trainning to race the two other fast girls who she has to race against.

Drunk skanks are only good for one thing and it isn't talking!

Barel was fantastic and was a joy to listen to.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
ehh, give her a break, shes like what....18 years old, and a downhiller, and from rual England? You expect her to be a top notch, polished and mature commentator? Maybe she could be, but give her some time.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Rob Warner is the downhill equivalent of John Madden.
Really? I think Rob his f'ing awesome, and I don't like John Madden at all. Rob's one liners are funny and outrageous, whereas Madden usually just says something obvious and not very worthwhile. Meh, maybe that's just me.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Nothing to do with being a polished commentator. She was annoying and disrespectful to someone for no reason. You wouldn't get that kind of **** off Josh Bryceland etc.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Really? I think Rob his f'ing awesome, and I don't like John Madden at all. Rob's one liners are funny and outrageous, whereas Madden usually just says something obvious and not very worthwhile. Meh, maybe that's just me.
It was a compliment to Rob Warner. Maybe I should have gone with the old school Chris Berman? Either way, I'd say he gets just as much fanfare/ attention as the top riders.

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
Rob is great. he is so in there! passionate and quite objective twards the riders. i apreciate that. Rachel was a bit annoying but she is young and can not expect too much! but yet again Rob is FUNNNNYYYYY!
Fabien was ok i guess. he knows what he is talking about!

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
If you only watched the top-5 I'd agree that Rach was useless and/or annoying, but if you watched the whole thing from beginning to end she did actually have some useful things to say.

May 6, 2004
if you watched the whole thing from beginning to end she did actually have some useful things to say.
Such as:

Look at these Fox 40s how great they work

OR

The new nickel stantion on Fox 40s .... yada yada yada

Yeah, she was great :biggrin:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you guys hate the commentators so much, there's a little volume adjuster in the lower corner of the video window that you can use to prevent you from hearing this "terrible commentary". :rolleyes:

With a few exceptions, most complainers aren't making suggestions as to who could do better. At least its not commentated like golf or tennis.

It could be even worse than that, Rip Taylor and Gilbert Gottfried could be commentating. :brows: