Quantcast

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
Jus got done watchin them on Jimmy Kimmel...and I've got to say i'm stoked about the new album comin out in october...I saw them once when they came here and it was amazing....anyone else a fan???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
They play around here all the Fing time up in Woodstock.

I'm not really sure what they are like though.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
They rock. They came and did a free concert when I was in syracuse and they all were switching instruments with each other while they were playing.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
Great band!

Caught 'em on Austin City Limits not too long ago and went out and bought a few CD's. They're all fantastic musicians with a unique sound.
they've been on Austin City limits like 3 times and i've missed them every time...even on the repeats....I really hope they come near here again

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
i'm a fan. they play them quite a bit on the Jam On channel on sirius. you can download a bunch of their live shows from archive.org

S.n.a.k.e.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
N. Tonawanda, NY
RR&FB

Great bunch of guys. I have had the pleasure of working with them on a couple of shows as the FOH tech.

Robert plays a version of Hendrix's Voodoo Chile that sounds so close to what Hendrix played, it is astonshing. Not to mention that all the 'family' (mostly cousins of Roberts) can play every instrument makes for an entertaining evening.

Peace
Marc