Quantcast

ROC. "race of champions"

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Hey did any one see this on speed tv? The course was wild, i had never heard of it before, but it was pretty cool to watch. The nascar drivers couldnt drive the AWD rally cars for their life. I liked it when Jimmy Johnson said that the Ferrari was the hardest thing he had ever driven in his life, as it just didnt turn. Well the ferraris didnt actually look to fast, but man the buggys were totally cool. I cant remember who won. I think it was a AMG driver.

J

JRB

They looked like riding lawn mower races. I only saw a few minutes.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Yeah, but it was interesting seeing how NASCAR, f1, WRC, DTM, INDY and other top racers matched up in three events. The US shoulda sent some locals from limerock instead of 2 nascar pukes, they probably woulda done better, the guys up there are good.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
i watched it live on eurosport back in december, it was enjoyable but not as good as previous ROC's, but none the less that kovalienen(sp?) guy was damn impressive, i was really bummed about mcrae and coulthard though, just rotten luck.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
HRDTLBRO said:
I can't wait for the Dakar rally on OLN, that will be sweet. Tune in on the 22nd!
DAKAR is the best race in the world, hands down. Ever since I first watched it when i was 12 i was hooked. I mean in how many other races do support vehicles get hit by land mines? :cool: :thumb:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Schumacer won the race of champions, France won the nations cup. Personally I think the IROC is pretty lame. It's a cool concept but they should do it on real courses not a 30 second tarmac equivalent of a supercross track.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
it was a long time ago, Some support truck was taking a short cut where he wudunt supposed to be because he was late and hit a land mine. I think he lost his leg.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
HRDTLBRO said:
I can't wait for the Dakar rally on OLN, that will be sweet. Tune in on the 22nd!
I hear a rookie US driver is doing pretty well in Dakar.
Robbie Gordon's shop is pretty close to mine. The guys are all pretty happy with the way things were going the last time I talked to them.
I guess the nascar fans that call him a "No Talent driver" don't know much about his off road skills. I'm sure that's why he's doing so well at the Dakar.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Gordon is excellent driver, at last years IROC he did pretty well. Too bad all the american talent gets sucked up by billboard taxicab racing.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
spookydave said:
I hear a rookie US driver is doing pretty well in Dakar.
Robbie Gordon's shop is pretty close to mine. The guys are all pretty happy with the way things were going the last time I talked to them.
I guess the nascar fans that call him a "No Talent driver" don't know much about his off road skills. I'm sure that's why he's doing so well at the Dakar.
He was doing really good until he hit that sand dune.