Quantcast

Rock Racing cheats!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
He sued USADA, anonymously, about doping....I don't recall the specifics of the case. The ****ty thing isn't that he cheated, but that the team knew and didn't do anything

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
He sued USADA, anonymously, about doping....I don't recall the specifics of the case. The ****ty thing isn't that he cheated, but that the team knew and didn't do anything
I think he sued them because they said they were going to test his B sample even though his A sample was either negative or inconclusive. When I read that I thought WTF would he do that for unless he had a really good reason...I don't think in his statements he ever said "I didn't take drugs" either.

And, yeah, it looks like the team didn't do much about it. Their own people accused him of cheating and they let him race anyway. While, yeah, it seems legal, isn't exactly the best practice these days.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
That's funny, cause I was racing against him there at Superweek. He was off the front so much with little recovery time in between attacks. The guy I was there with, who has been around the sport for a while, suspected he was on something after seeing how he was riding. Must have been psychic ;)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's funny, cause I was racing against him there at Superweek. He was off the front so much with little recovery time in between attacks. The guy I was there with, who has been around the sport for a while, suspected he was on something after seeing how he was riding. Must have been psychic ;)
Yeah, I don't think it is too hard to figure out who is on the dope.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
Ah, I see....still cool. Funny thing is I race pro XC, and then show up at road races in the cat. 4 :p
is that because you just haven't raced enough road to move up or is that the standard equivelant from xc to road?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
is that because you just haven't raced enough road to move up or is that the standard equivelant from xc to road?
I rarely race road, I tend to stick to cross and xc. I think I might focus on getting up to at least Cat. 3 this year

Last edited: