Quantcast

Rock Shox Argyle 302

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
I know it has an external rebound adjustment. But what is the internal preload adjustment. I have the manual in front of me and I could not find anywhere how or where to adjust this setting. I'm wondering this because I think the fork feels a little soft. Where can I find info on how to adjust this setting and also how to change to a heavier spring. Is there some other manual out there that explains routine Maintenance and adjustments.The manual I have explains a lot of the air adjustments on other models but nothing for the standard argyle.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
i actually just slapped some in yesterday...

The spacers are those little white plastic bits that look like peppermints and should be in the bag your owners manual came in.
To use the preload spacers, pop off the left hand topcap and basically put however many of you want under there, they go right on top (there should already be like 1-2 in there).

I slapped in 2 more and had to push down the top cap to get the threads to engage. Its really simple, and makes it a teeny bit stiffer on the beginning of the stroke. If you're looking for some massive improvements in stiffness, i'd suggest changing the oil in the damper to 20wt or somthing. I think its 15wt stock.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
The best mod is....
1)remove spring, and cut to lowered length
2)take spring that was cut off, and find something firm that can replace it
3)assemble.

Now you have a super firm, super short fork

BCD and I used a handle to a screw driver. Worked like a charm.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
i actually just slapped some in yesterday...

The spacers are those little white plastic bits that look like peppermints and should be in the bag your owners manual came in.
To use the preload spacers, pop off the left hand topcap and basically put however many of you want under there, they go right on top (there should already be like 1-2 in there).

I slapped in 2 more and had to push down the top cap to get the threads to engage. Its really simple, and makes it a teeny bit stiffer on the beginning of the stroke. If you're looking for some massive improvements in stiffness, i'd suggest changing the oil in the damper to 20wt or somthing. I think its 15wt stock.

Thanks man, I opened the left side and saw where the spacers would go but I didn't receive any extra with my fork, I guess I can try and contact Rock Shox. Or do they sell those on mail order somewhere?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
The part number is 11.4015.029.000. Piece #13 in the RS diagram breakdown thingy, the Argyle Spring Spacer/Shaft Assy.

I'd try your LBS, they might even have some on hand if they've got RS forks...I THINK they might be similar to pikes and some other RS fork spacers...but dont quote me on that.