Quantcast

Rock Shox Domain 180 Spring - Help needed !!!

Marcolino

Chimp
Jun 5, 2007
Hi everyone,

I have bought (online) a Rock Shox Domain 180 mm.

It came with the standard spring.
Problem is i need the soft spring (silver) (i weight 66 kgs=145.5 lbs).

I called the rockshox dealer here, but he told the spring is out of stock, and it would take a month to get new ones !!!

i asked for the spring uturn , and he said he had it in soft, but i think i will loose travel (115-160 instead of 180).
He said i wouldn´t loose travel, but i didn´t find anything stating there is such spring.
i only found the 115-160 spring...

Does anyone have a coil uturn 140-180 model??? Does it exist?

Does anyone know if there is any other spring (from other mfg.) that would fit ???

example: manitou travis 180mm ??? or some marzocchi spring ???

or any ideas of it´s dimensions?

thanks in advance,

Marcolino

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a coil uturn 140-180 model??? Does it exist?

Does anyone know if there is any other spring (from other mfg.) that would fit ???

example: manitou travis 180mm ??? or some marzocchi spring ???

or any ideas of it´s dimensions?

thanks in advance,

Marcolino
Ok, so in order...

There is no u-turn 180mm spring only 115-160. I think they did this to get the adjuster in, but who knows. I t will affect your travel. instead of having 7.08 inches, you will only have a max of 6.2 inches. But there will be the adjustibliy of the spring.

There is no other spring from another company that will work. Each company has ther own specs for the springs, so I wouldnt do it.

Where are you? And what bike shop are you trying to purchase the spring from? Most of the time, the bike shop has a supplier who will hook it up. If not, they can order straight from the manufacturer. Where do you live? Close to San Diego?

Marcolino

Chimp
Jun 5, 2007
hi kev, thanks for the help.

well i live in Portugal (in europe)...

i contacted the dealer again for the uturn spring for my weight, and they confirmed that there´s no 180 uturn spring.

i bought the 160-115 because of the adjustability and because the 180 mm was raking the bike a bit...

now the fork is really nice and plush, and the angle at 160mm is just right!
using the fork at less travel does makes the bike easier on climbs!

thanks,

Marcolino

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Wish I saw this earlier cuz I have part numbers and can verify that the warehouse has it in stock. The following part numbers fit either a 180mm Domain or Totem

Xtra Soft
# RS-3170 or #11.4015.179.000

Soft
# RS-3171 or #11.4015.047.000

you can order from www.beyondbikes.com
international shipping should take about 2 weeks to get to Lisbon.

flamejob

Chimp
Nov 17, 2009
Just for clarification....

The above post is incorrect; the Totem Spring is smaller diameter than the Domain because the Totem has thicker aluminium stantions. This info was from TF Tuned in the UK.

Out of interest; I have tried a Fox 40 spring in there and the diameter was too large.

TWeerts

Monkey
Jan 7, 2007
The Area Bay
did you forget the domain has 35mm stanchions? the totem has 40mm stanchions and thicker walls, therefore it uses the spring from the smaller stanchion-ed domain.

the above post is correct