Quantcast

Rock Shox Vivid v/s Fox Dhx 5 for a Sunday

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
well i´m buying a new sunday frame and i have to choose one shock for the frame... i have no experience with the vivid, and i like the fox...

anyone of you have experiences with both?

pros and cons help me to decide :D

thanks

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
This may not be much help. I have not even used the Vivid yet. I know the Fox and have not had a problem with it. So out of the two I would go with the Vivid just to see what there really like. That’s just the way I am though.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
This may not be much help. . . .

100% correct. well done.

Off subject a bit now I would greatly recommend the CaneCreek double barrel.
It's a well established fact everywhere except below the Mason-Dixon Line that the Double Barrel does not work well on a Sunday in its current state.

Carnaza, I don't think you can really go wrong with either. Both have been heavily tested and proven by the IH team. However, I would make sure you get a shock that is valved for the Sunday as stock DHX's and Vivids have a different pre-set compression and rebound setting and do not work so well on the Sunday. Originally I was told the Vivid would be available aftermarket in different "tunes" but I'm not sure how that worked out. What sets the vivid aprt for me is the ability to tune beginning and end stroke rebound; an advantage if you want it set fast for stutters and chatter but not get ejected by the big hits. Unlike the fox, the vivid has a true low speed compression adjustment rather than a pro-pedal style threshold circuit. Arguably this is more usefull, especially on a bike that pedals better then most. The fox uses an adjustable reservoir volume to controll bottom out, the vivid uses various sized bumpers.

the only vivid i've ridden on a sunday was over sprung for me, but it felt like my dhx with a heavy spring so i'd say you can't go wrong with either. just decide what adjustments are important to you. it might just be a matter of taste really.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
As far as I know, the vivid's just became available thru QBP two weeks ago. I doubt many on here can give a worthwhile review of a shock that just hit the market. I've got mine in, but no bike to put it on yet.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Everything is "supposed" to be awesome, why bother giving input if you have nothing whatsoever to back it up with.
I guess knowing how the shock is valved and how it works and having ridden several double barrels and knowing that the vivid is very very similar makes my input null and void. I was suggesting the vivid since I am so impressed with the performance of the double barrel but the double barrel does not work on the Sunday because of the way the valving is. The vivid is supposed to be very similar shock to the cane creek. The price tag is also much less.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
I guess knowing how the shock is valved and how it works and having ridden several double barrels and knowing that the vivid is very very similar makes my input null and void. I was suggesting the vivid since I am so impressed with the performance of the double barrel but the double barrel does not work on the Sunday because of the way the valving is. The vivid is supposed to be very similar shock to the cane creek. The price tag is also much less.
General layout does not equal the same valving. I am also aware of how both shocks work and have talked to the RS techs in reasonable depth about the Vivid. Having the same full-circuit flow thing doesn't mean that much (especially since they kind of left out the fairly critical near-positive displacement thing the CC has, and the rebound circuit works very differently), and at the end of the day no amount of theorising about a shock's general layout (which is different enough from the CC to not infringe on the patents for starters) is going to prove a thing if you haven't actually RIDDEN it.

Nothing personal mate, just please don't bother trying to contribute when you actually have nothing useful to say. Not that you'd be the first person to do it on an internet forum, but it doesn't help.

Carnaza

Monkey
Aug 10, 2006
Santiago, Chile
I would make sure you get a shock that is valved for the Sunday as stock DHX's and Vivids have a different pre-set compression and rebound setting and do not work so well on the Sunday.

Both are gonna be sunday tunned ;)

The fox uses an adjustable reservoir volume to controll bottom out, the vivid uses various sized bumpers.

i´m worried about the bumpers... how long do they last? are included more bumpers with the shock (oem shock included in the frame)

i think i´ll try the vivid just to try something different... if i don´t like it i sell it and buy a sunday tune fox dhx

100% correct. well done.

I would make sure you get a shock that is valved for the Sunday as stock DHX's and Vivids have a different pre-set compression and rebound setting and do not work so well on the Sunday.

The fox uses an adjustable reservoir volume to controll bottom out, the vivid uses various sized bumpers.

Mr Nug

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
UK
Originally Posted by danielsapp414
the cane creek doesn't work on the sunday, go with the vivid, it's supposed to be similar to the double barrel and should blow away the fox.
Has anyone actually put a CCDB on a Sunday and said that the settings don't have a big enough range or is this just the opinion of one guy (Lars Tribus)?

I run a CCDB on my shocker and am amazed at the tuning range it has. I was going to whack it on a mate's Sunday and see what it was like but haven't been bothered due to effort switching hardware and tweaking the settings to suit the bike only to change it back etc.

Malcolm at CC (you might say "obviously") assured me that if I ever did change to a different bike - namely a Sunday that the tuning range is there and that a certain IH factory rider liked it on his bike.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Has anyone actually put a CCDB on a Sunday and said that the settings don't have a big enough range or is this just the opinion of one guy (Lars Tribus)?
Do a search, there are plenty of people on here who have tried it--both official iron horse riders and not--no one liked the performace and there are more than enough posts on the topic already. of course, this excludes the CC fan club from deliverance-way who still insist it will not only work, but polish your helmet and wash your race gear as well. I'm sure it's possible to make it work like a charm, but CC has yet to produce one with any varied internals that perform anywhere near as well as the Sunday tuned DHX and--presumably--the Vivid.

There is a reason you never see double barrels on sundays, yet you will see sundays everywhere you look at the races.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Especially if you're running big boy springs (I'm on a 450). There isn't ny clearance issues with the DB on the sunday?

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
Seeing as how Rockshox has never put out a Rear Shock I've considered even halfway decent...

I'm skeptical.:monkey:

If it does turn out being good, does anyone know what sizes they're making?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
To get a shock to feel super nice on a sunday, it needs a ton of damping removed from it. The CC has a huge adjustability range, but simple cannot go low enough to perform the way the DHX can when custom shimmed and tuned for the Sunday.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
The Vivid should be a very promising shock for the Sunday - Sam and Sabo have both been on one for most of the 07' race season as well as the Trump Twins (General Lee being one of them). I haven't had any saddle time on a Vivid either, but the info about beginning and end stroke control that General Lee talks about as it relates to track set-up is probably the most in-depth info out there right now. :) The Vivid is that new - still hasn't been used that much by the general public.

As far as I know there are still tuning options from RS BUT - since it's still early in production and distribution, everyone is still getting up to speed on that.

Both the Vivid and the DHX have similar damping characteristics - it's just that they do it in different ways (air chamber bottom-out control vs. bottom-out bumpers, etc.)

Lee - how did you like it for East-Coast rocky stuff? Comparisons to the DHX? Weren't you and Dave on DHX's at the Open at the beginning of this season?

Side Note: Last I heard Butch was trying to get a custom-tuned CC DB for his Sunday (O.K., his NEXT Sunday) :biggrin: so it'll be a while before any useful feedback can come of that. BTW - Lars Tribus isn't the only guy who had issues with the DB on his Sunday - there should be a quote from DS Dom from Diablo Freeride Park on the "Sunday Thread" Main Page - he had similar issues: Couldn't get the rebound "fast" enough, among other things. Lars wasn't just on the shock for a day either - he and the D.L. spent a few weeks in Whistler with dw back in the summer of 06' doing testing with a bunch of different shocks - the DB being on of them.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
The Vivid should be a very promising shock for the Sunday - Sam and Sabo have both been on one for most of the 07' race season as well as the Trump Twins (General Lee being one of them). I haven't had any saddle time on a Vivid either, but the info about beginning and end stroke control that General Lee talks about as it relates to track set-up is probably the most in-depth info out there right now. :) The Vivid is that new - still hasn't been used that much by the general public.

As far as I know there are still tuning options from RS BUT - since it's still early on in production and distribution, everyone is still getting up to speed on that.

Both the Vivid and the DHX have similar damping characteritics - it's just that they do it in different ways (air chamber bottom-out control vs. bottom-out bumpers, etc.)

Lee - how did you like it for East-Coast rocky stuff? Comparisons to the DHX? Weren't you and Dave on DHX's at the Open at the beginning of this season?
Right on all counts except for Dave and I being on them all year. I never had one of my own, just rode around on Todd and Duncan's bikes. they use a heavier spring than me but it didn't feel drastically different from my DHX. the Sunday works best with very minimal lowspeed compression damping (or compression damping in general, really), and that's how I've always liked my shocks to feel since way back in the lat 90's. I'm petty sure i could go back and forth from a Vivid to a DHX without really noticing the difference, though i've been waiting 10 years for someone to make a shock with the Vivid's rebound control; i guess that makes the RS a winner by a bee's d*ck in my book.

I'm from the school of suspension tuning that says all the muti-adjustable shocks on the market are for the techno geeks, fiddlers, and square-pedaling hacks. Give me a shock with light damping, a bit of bottom out resistance, and controlable rebound and that's all I'll need. 'Keep it simple' seems to be the next step forward in dh suspension these days, though I'd argue it's been that way the whole time.

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Do the 2008 frame kits come with a vivid or dhx?? And if it's a dhx, will the lower link work with the Vivid if I buy one aftermarket?

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
I would say take the DHX spend 200$ on it and have it PUSH.Then you'll have the best shock on earth money can buy...Sorry I don't much about the Vivid other that I hear they are relatively easy to service with no special tool...

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I would say take the DHX spend 200$ on it and have it PUSH.Then you'll have the best shock on earth money can buy...
every single dhx sent to PUSH for use on a Sunday that I've tried feels like someone reinstalled all the compression damping DW had Fox take out in the first place. I would recommend no such service, nor is it necessary. Off the top of my head I can recall at least 5 'PUSHED' Sundays with unhappy owners. What's up with people recommending that company as if it is the holy grail of suspension tuning yet they haven't a clue as to what their advice translates to in any real application.

'dude, send it to push, it'll be the best shock money can buy,' how you figure?

lost track of how many times i've read 'they'll tune it just right based on their detailed questionaire about weight, riding style, bike, etc . . ' as if any meaningful suspension tuning can take place in a way other than testing various settings back to back up on the hill with the technician? So let me get this right, i can send my shock to a company with a checklist and get back the perfect shock? No, I can't. at the very best what you get is a shock tuned differently, which if you were really trying to get optimum performance would be step one in a long process of trying various settings and comparing. PUSH is doing some great things, don't get me wrong, but to suggest you can get the dog's danglies of suspension tunes so effortlessly is a bit misleading.

that being said, the fact that the Sunday DHX is tuned specifically for that bike and that bike alone where do people get the notion that another company can miraculously, and drastically, improve upon it; to the contrary, like the double barel, PUSH's shock technology doesn't seem to get along well with the Sunday's suspension characteristics. PUSH has set themselves up to to make a generic shock perform better by using higher quality parts, but for the most part they still perform a "generic" service because all the DHX's they get are esssentially the same. Agreed, many bikes suffer from poor suspension with OEM shocks and a company like PUSH can help improve them. IH isn't using OEM shocks, they've done for you what aftermarket tuners charge several hundred $$'s for. So, until PUSH comes out with a specific, tested 'Sunday DHX' service i'd steer clear.

Sorry I don't much about the Vivid other that I hear they are relatively easy to service with no special tool...
Sorry, but i don't think the Vivid is all you don't know too much about. I haven't come across a shock in the past 10 years that required more than a vice, crescent wrench, possibley an allen key, and an air pump to completely tear down and reassemble.

of course, this is ridemonkey where everyone is an expert . . .

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I'd be stoked if SRAM/Avid/RockShox decided to use a bleed fitting on the Vivid similar to the threaded syringe that Avid uses on their brakes. After spending two hours last night trying to get all the air out of my Roco (which at least has bleed ports although I dont have anything to thread into them) I look forward to shock bleeding one day being a lot simpler and cleaner.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
every single dhx sent to PUSH for use on a Sunday that I've tried feels like someone reinstalled all the compression damping DW had Fox take out in the first place. I would recommend no such service, nor is it necessary. Off the top of my head I can recall at least 5 'PUSHED' Sundays with unhappy owners. What's up with people recommending that company as if it is the holy grail of suspension tuning yet they haven't a clue as to what their advice translates to in any real application.

'dude, send it to push, it'll be the best shock money can buy,' how you figure?

lost track of how many times i've read 'they'll tune it just right based on their detailed questionaire about weight, riding style, bike, etc . . ' as if any meaningful suspension tuning can take place in a way other than testing various settings back to back up on the hill with the technician? So let me get this right, i can send my shock to a company with a checklist and get back the perfect shock? No, I can't. at the very best what you get is a shock tuned differently, which if you were really trying to get optimum performance would be step one in a long process of trying various settings and comparing. PUSH is doing some great things, don't get me wrong, but to suggest you can get the dog's danglies of suspension tunes so effortlessly is a bit misleading.

that being said, the fact that the Sunday DHX is tuned specifically for that bike and that bike alone where do people get the notion that another company can miraculously, and drastically, improve upon it; to the contrary, like the double barel, PUSH's shock technology doesn't seem to get along well with the Sunday's suspension characteristics. PUSH has set themselves up to to make a generic shock perform better by using higher quality parts, but for the most part they still perform a "generic" service because all the DHX's they get are esssentially the same. Agreed, many bikes suffer from poor suspension with OEM shocks and a company like PUSH can help improve them. IH isn't using OEM shocks, they've done for you what aftermarket tuners charge several hundred $$'s for. So, until PUSH comes out with a specific, tested 'Sunday DHX' service i'd steer clear.
Wow...that's news to us. If IronHorse riders were unhappy with our tunes they sure haven't contacted us for a retune to make it more to their liking. As for our familiarity with the Sunday, we used riders from the Honda/IronHorse team for a full season as well as well known IronHorse employees for all of the initial testing and setup. The build that we came up with for that bike was not "generic" by any means. We use a very specific linear/digressive piston configuration designed to compliment the low initial curve of that bike. I'd say that my relationship with DW and our discussions regarding ideal shock setup, as well as more than half a dozen different DW-Link Leverage files and three bikes at our facility makes us pretty well versed on that application.

As I mentioned, if you know of riders that were so unhappy with their setup we'd be happy to help them out to get their setup dialed to their liking. Agreed that not everyone is looking for the same thing, or rides at the same ability.

Darren

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Wow...that's news to us. If IronHorse riders were unhappy with our tunes they sure haven't contacted us for a retune to make it more to their liking. As for our familiarity with the Sunday, we used riders from the Honda/IronHorse team for a full season as well as well known IronHorse employees for all of the initial testing and setup. The build that we came up with for that bike was not "generic" by any means. We use a very specific linear/digressive piston configuration designed to compliment the low initial curve of that bike. I'd say that my relationship with DW and our discussions regarding ideal shock setup, as well as more than half a dozen different DW-Link Leverage files and three bikes at our facility makes us pretty well versed on that application.

As I mentioned, if you know of riders that were so unhappy with their setup we'd be happy to help them out to get their setup dialed to their liking. Agreed that not everyone is looking for the same thing, or rides at the same ability.

Darren
At least we're talking about some of the same people then. I've ridden a few of those very shocks. But I've got nothing against PUSH; honest. once in a while the hype needs to be kept in check or at least offered with a disclaimer. I think what you are doing is important and useful for many. In fact, had i not switched to a Sunday last season i would have been sending my dhx in from my 224. i'll come knocking again when you have something out there for us boxxer owners. something not made out of plastic, a useful range of adjustment perhaps, a damper that doesn't leak?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i know i am going to get into alot of crap for this, but the whole thing about the dw link needing less compression and rebound damping is pretty dodgy. maybe it can work better then other bikes with less compression, but it still benefits from it.

sure the sunday still pedals much better then other bikes and doesn't reply on the compression damping of the shox to make it pedal well, doesn't mean it couldn't benefit from low speed compression damping to keep the ride more stable.

on the 5th the only thing that was changed was the rebound shim stack, which by right should be done stock from the factory for all bikes because the rebound is so slow to start with. on the 5th it is impossible to reduce the compression anyways. maybe you could argue that the pressures used in the shox were towards the lower end of the range and that is where its a 1/3 compared to other bikes.

as for the dhx, unless its something minor like the spring in the boost valve, everything else is the same as a stock dhx. unless somewhere along the lines all the stock 3x9.5 dhx's that fox are making have the sunday tune.

assuming that bos know their stuff, the tune they did for my friends sunday had alot of compression in it. and the ride is amazing, stable ride that soaks up everything.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
i know i am going to get into alot of crap for this, but the whole thing about the dw link needing less compression and rebound damping is pretty dodgy. maybe it can work better then other bikes with less compression, but it still benefits from it.

sure the sunday still pedals much better then other bikes and doesn't reply on the compression damping of the shox to make it pedal well, doesn't mean it couldn't benefit from low speed compression damping to keep the ride more stable.

on the 5th the only thing that was changed was the rebound shim stack, which by right should be done stock from the factory for all bikes because the rebound is so slow to start with. on the 5th it is impossible to reduce the compression anyways. maybe you could argue that the pressures used in the shox were towards the lower end of the range and that is where its a 1/3 compared to other bikes.

as for the dhx, unless its something minor like the spring in the boost valve, everything else is the same as a stock dhx. unless somewhere along the lines all the stock 3x9.5 dhx's that fox are making have the sunday tune.

assuming that bos know their stuff, the tune they did for my friends sunday had alot of compression in it. and the ride is amazing, stable ride that soaks up everything.

i kinda get what you say. one of my friends is running a stock dhx on his sunday, and he said it felt the same as my sunday w/ the tuned DHX.

ive tried to stay out of the arguments conercning the DHX and sunday tunes and im not taking a side on this really, but i do think the tune does do something, wether its major or minimal i dont really know.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler

On a theoretical basis at least, I'm inclined to agree with you. Low speed compression isn't only useful for reducing pedal bob. The leverage rate complicates things a bit because you increase the shaft speed all the time - which means that even if the shock is valved to have 33% as much LSC, it'll still have a wheel rate of about 42% of a bike with a 3:1 leverage ratio anyway. It also means the threshold between "high" and "low" speeds changes.

Have you checked the size of the rebound bleed port/needle through the main piston? I don't know if this is the case, but if it's primarily the low speed circuits that need opening up, this would be the obvious place to do it (and that affects LSC as well unless there's a check valve on it, which I don't think there is?).

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
In the latest Dirt issue, there´s some comments on Sams Sunday suspension setup for the RS Vivid. And it´s pretty much the opposite tune of what is called a "sunday tune"; heavy beginning stroke compression... However, I guess the stable ride of a sunday linkage is beneficial no matter how it´s tuned. Reading dhkid´s posts, I think what you say about rear suspension often is interesting reading. I will try the BOS example.
We all ride in a different way. A Sam setup, would probebly not work for the avarage joe rider. Testing back and forth is probebly the way to go, like the General says.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
On a theoretical basis at least, I'm inclined to agree with you. Low speed compression isn't only useful for reducing pedal bob. The leverage rate complicates things a bit because you increase the shaft speed all the time - which means that even if the shock is valved to have 33% as much LSC, it'll still have a wheel rate of about 42% of a bike with a 3:1 leverage ratio anyway. It also means the threshold between "high" and "low" speeds changes.

Have you checked the size of the rebound bleed port/needle through the main piston? I don't know if this is the case, but if it's primarily the low speed circuits that need opening up, this would be the obvious place to do it (and that affects LSC as well unless there's a check valve on it, which I don't think there is?).
i get what you mean with getting high shaft speeds with the lower leverage. but the whole claim is that it need 1/3rd of the compression, doesn't say LS or HS compression.

for the 5th element, its the same. its not even the low speed rebound shim stack that is changed, its the main rebound shim stack. on the dhx i didn't have a close look at the port sizes, but judging that since the sunday tune is doable by fox service centers, i dont think it will involve a different piston. the fox service center in singapore knows nothing about the sunday tune.

pelo- i wanted to bring that up too, but its not accurate because thats what steve jones 'felt' while riding the bike. not actually coming directly from sam's mechanic or anything. and of course what sam rides his bike in a whole different dimension, so it may not really apply to the average joe.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
i get what you mean with getting high shaft speeds with the lower leverage. but the whole claim is that it need 1/3rd of the compression, doesn't say LS or HS compression.

for the 5th element, its the same. its not even the low speed rebound shim stack that is changed, its the main rebound shim stack. on the dhx i didn't have a close look at the port sizes, but judging that since the sunday tune is doable by fox service centers, i dont think it will involve a different piston. the fox service center in singapore knows nothing about the sunday tune.

pelo- i wanted to bring that up too, but its not accurate because thats what steve jones 'felt' while riding the bike. not actually coming directly from sam's mechanic or anything. and of course what sam rides his bike in a whole different dimension, so it may not really apply to the average joe.
Actually if my memory serves me correctly, DW did say the shocks (not the wheel rate) required around 1/3 the LOW speed compression damping because the necessity of it for pedalling purposes was now gone. I could be wrong, but that's what was stuck in my head. A few people I know (including the Aussie Fox distributor) say there's no diff between the Sundays and anything else regarding the DHX tune (at least in compression) so it might be true, but shim stacks have much less effect on the low speed compression than the high. I'd be interested to know the specifics but DW never answers direct questions.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Yea, agree. Not very scientific, if that´s what you mean. But the man´s (S.J.) been around testing pro-bikes for a while... So, he´s words are always kind of intesting.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
yea, i am sure that hill runs loads of compression. what i am not sure is what kinda sag he is running. 120psi in the fork and a 300 spring in the rear. he is supposed to be about 65kgs. SJ is about 80 kgs and he said he got about 35% sag.

i would have though if you run loads of compression you would run a little more sag, wouldn't think that his bike would be that ver comfateble to ride.

its amazing watching his supension work, reminds me of nico's from nwd 2(?)

edit, did some rough calculations and he should be getting about 30% sag, using his body weight and spring rate and comparing it to SJ's body weight and sag he got.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
yea, i am sure that hill runs loads of compression. what i am not sure is what kinda sag he is running. 120psi in the fork and a 300 spring in the rear. he is supposed to be about 65kgs. SJ is about 80 kgs and he said he got about 35% sag.

i would have though if you run loads of compression you would run a little more sag, wouldn't think that his bike would be that ver comfateble to ride.

its amazing watching his supension work, reminds me of nico's from nwd 2(?)

edit, did some rough calculations and he should be getting about 30% sag, using his body weight and spring rate and comparing it to SJ's body weight and sag he got.
a 300 spring would be 'correct' for Sam's weight. wouldn't be surprised at all if he ran more comp. damping. i can blow through mine pretty easily and i'm the same weight. i can think of a few instances where a little more lsc would feel good, especially when cornering but for the most part it's spot on for me. of course i'm also a slow-poke compared to Hill and the speed he carries down a track. don't think i could run my current settings if i was generating that much speed on world cup tracks; the bike would sit way too low in its travel.

I'm interested to try the Vivid next season, as i understand it the adjustments on that shock are for an actual low-speed compression circuit rather than semi-'platform' feel of the pro-pedal.

Didn't PUSH initially have a different DHX tuning option that replaced the pro-pedal and bottom out control and added hsc and lsc dials? No idea what hapened to it, maybe they found a much easier way to achieve the same performance?

and are we ever going to see a boxxer upgrade from them? that's something i can get excited about.

*quick disclaimer about PUSH: I have nothing against the company nor do i think they are claiming to do something they are not. however, there are a lot of people on this board who's answer to suspension tuning questions is always 'just send it to PUSH.' Truth be told, if you don't take the time to understand how your shock is adjusted and feels when you make particular changes before you send it in, then it will remain just as much a mystery when it returns. Absolutely you are likely to get a better tuned shock back but it isn't a substitute for understanding how the tuning features work and interact with eachother, and how that translates into on-trail performance. It might come back feeling worse until you readjust it a bit. If you just 'send it to PUSH' you're dropping a bunch of of money on an upgrade you can't take full advantage of. despite the initial impression I'm not actually a PUSH hater.