Quantcast

rock shox vivid

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
where can i buy a Rockshox vivid with the "C" tune for the sant cruz v10?
does anyone know?

or where can i send a vivid to get the "C" tune for the v10 and how much about would it cost for the tune.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
THe 'B' tune is the only shock sold aftermarket. YOu will need to buy a 'B' shock and then the 'C' tune kit (but I would certainly give the 'B' a try as it seems people have been happy with the 'wrong' tune).

Good news is the tune kits are cheap and any shop can get them for you through QBP or BTI.

The swap as well as full rebuild info is on the RS site.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
That's what i was told but i needed it confirmed.
Is there someone that does the c tune cause i dont trust myself to service a shock. But i will try the b tune
Currently i have the avalanche chubie on the v10 as i hated the dhx. I hope i like the vivid.

Last edited:

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
I got a Vivid to replace my DHX. So far, mixed bag. Rebound seems to be a lot faster, and I am getting bucked on large drops or steep stuff. I slowed down HSR to max, and I may have do the same to LSR to get both to work together. In hindsight, I should have just sent the DHX to Push.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
I got a Vivid to replace my DHX. So far, mixed bag. Rebound seems to be a lot faster, and I am getting bucked on large drops or steep stuff. I slowed down HSR to max, and I may have do the same to LSR to get both to work together. In hindsight, I should have just sent the DHX to Push.
does your vivid have the c tune? how much do you weight if you dont mind answering? i like fast rebound but not to buck me

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
does your vivid have the c tune? how much do you weight if you dont mind answering? i like fast rebound but not to buck me
B-tune. I weigh 180-85 lb with gear. With DHX, you can really slow down the rebound. With Vivid, slowest HSR is still fast. When I had a DHX Pushed with a different bike, it seemed to take drops without kicking back. It is a popular shock, so works for most people. I haven't found that sweet spot yet. I will give it a few more tries. Otherwise Pushed MX DHX.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I have a C tune Vivid on my 2008 V10. I thought it was a big improvement over the DHX. Unlike the other poster, I couldn't get enough rebound damping from the DHX. The Vivid can be slowed down more. I had the same problem on the DHX on my 2005 V10.

Dec 11, 2007
Lawn Dart Training Center
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the VIVID have beginning stroke and end stroke rebound, not high and low speed?
I do not have a v10, but the rebound on my intense ss and socom (VPP) are very tuneable with the b shock.
I run about 5 clicks ending stroke to keep the bucking down on big hits, and almost wide open on beginning stroke rebound for chatter. Worked great at whistler last week where the braking bumps can get real deep.

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Looks like push will revalve it for you, for $200. Looks liked they nixed some things they were planning for the Vivid like the reservor extension and the seperate high & low speed compression. Still should be pretty nice, a lot better than the "c" tune I would bet.

Do you know for sure if they canned the world cup tune? :confused: I sent an email and did not get a reply.

Thanks