Quantcast

Rock Shox...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
...pure damping system sucks balls as both a design and to work on. It's lame compared to any Marzocchi.

My work bench is covered in oil. But my Psylo is working sweet.

The SRAM technical manual is crappy too.

J

JRB

I worked on a Sid Race with Pure in it once. It did suck balls, but somehow there was so little oil that no mess was made.

Marzocchi does kick ass to work on.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
blue said:
Someone explain how to do things to my boxxer race :(
No prob..........

1. Place bike in stand
2. Remove fork
3. Toss fork across garage floor
4. Pick up fork and place in the garbage
5. Install new Avalanche fork
6. Ride and have fun

:teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :thumb:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Brian HCM#1 said:
No prob..........

1. Place bike in stand
2. Remove fork
3. Toss fork across garage floor
4. Pick up fork and place in the garbage
5. Install new Avalanche fork
6. Ride and have fun

:teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :thumb:
Donations accepted via paypal.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Zark said:
I've heard so much about the Avalanche 5" single crown offerings:rolleyes:
Hey dingbat!!!!! Blue was talking about a Boxxer Race. Oh yeah I forgot, those are single crowns:rolleyes: :clue: You now owe me a beer at N* for failure to completely read a sentence.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Brian HCM#1 said:
Hey dingbat!!!!! Blue was talking about a Boxxer Race. Oh yeah I forgot, those are single crowns:rolleyes: :clue: You now owe me a beer at N* for failure to completely read a sentence.
Doh! I've been playing that "Jump to conclusions" game way too much lately:p The thread was about the psylo so....

Northstar? Why wait that long? I'll buy you a beer after a Cold Springs ride if you ever get down to S.B.:)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Zark said:
Doh! I've been playing that "Jump to conclusions" game way too much lately:p The thread was about the psylo so....

Northstar? Why wait that long? I'll buy you a beer after a Cold Springs ride if you ever get down to S.B.:)
I know, I've been telling my wife we need to head out that way, I'm dieing to ride Tunnel, it's been 3 years since I've been to SB.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
is there a site that lists all over RS's 2006 model forks? i'm trying to figure out if they make a Pike that is black, Dual-Air, with U-Turn, but without Poploc, and am having a hell of a time.

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
is there a site that lists all over RS's 2006 model forks? i'm trying to figure out if they make a Pike that is black, Dual-Air, with U-Turn, but without Poploc, and am having a hell of a time.
Look at www.marzocchi.com under the Z1 series.

J

JRB

The 03 Z1 FR SL I have is pretty nice. I think Marz air is better than RS for sure. I don't know what the Pike weighs, or the new Z1 SL, but I know which one I would buy.

The new one has RC adjustment, which would make it tons better. I always had to change the oil, so this should fix that.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
holy ****, $700 for a SC fork? when did these things get that expensive? i remember thinking $450 for my Vanilla was high.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
the Inbred said:

The Pike 454 Air U-turn? Just got one a little while back and so far I am really stoked. It has floodgate and the crown has the little cable guide for pop-loc but mine did not come with the lever. Can't say anything about durability or maintenance yet.

http://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/mountainforks/pike/454.php