Quantcast

rock shox

margam_man

Chimp
Jun 28, 2008
i found these shock laying around and wanted to replace them for mine. will they still work with the dent in the side. i think theyr missing something from the bottom as well.

CarlE

Monkey
Jan 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
Do NOT ride those without bolts in the lowers. Otherwise you'll be watching your front wheel bounce down the trail with the fork lowers still attached. The dent is probably less of a problem provided the fork still compresses and rebounds freely.

margam_man

Chimp
Jun 28, 2008
they dont seem to compress properley . r there suposed to be springs in both tubes. and where could i get bolts to fit the owers. iv tried rock shox website but u can only buy full asembley

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
See the amount of exposed stanchion (the silver part) on this fork compared to yours? You have twice as much stanchion on an identical fork. That is a sure sign that it is NOT safe to ride. Your fork likely has internals missing.

The bolts in the bottom hold the for together. Take it to a bike shop before you try to put that onto your bike. Trying to ride that will likely send you to the hospital.

STPIZZAY

Chimp
Nov 22, 2007
Sacramento
See the amount of exposed stanchion (the silver part) on this fork compared to yours? You have twice as much stanchion on an identical fork.
No its just the new long travel Tora, you didnt hear about that?