Quantcast

Rockshox Argyle

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Has anyone ridden this fork? I'm looking for 100mm that is still plush enough to ride XC trails with but can be stiffened for dirt and park. From what I read it's not real plush because of the heavy spring. The other option is Marz 4x but the cost difference is drastic.

I've got the marz 4x and it's pretty stiff for trail riding. Even with almost no air in it (10 lbs. in the left leg, 30 lbs. in the right leg) and no compression it still is too rigid for me on trail rides and I'm 200 lbs.

I'd go with a pike or fox 36 knocked down to 100mm.

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I have a Argyle on my STP its a great fork for the park, DJ, and street but it is VERY stiff...you might be able to get away with the 409 because of the air spring. I have the 318 with lock out and i ride some DH on it but i would never wanna run it for XC

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
I've got the marz 4x and it's pretty stiff for trail riding. Even with almost no air in it (10 lbs. in the left leg, 30 lbs. in the right leg) and no compression it still is too rigid for me on trail rides and I'm 200 lbs.

I'd go with a pike or fox 36 knocked down to 100mm.
Can you get the stiffness out of the Pike. No jokes please.:redface:

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008
All 3 Pikes are dual air. I have an '06 Pike 409 that came on my AM bike, no complaints. I've been riding it AM, DH, and FR. Next fork I'll go with will be the 454 or a Lyric.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I've been looking at the Pikes and can't really tell the difference in the 3? I know one is air but their site is not that clear on the other 2.

Don

If you get a Pike, you want a U-Turn Air. Adjustable travel from 110-140mm. I believe there are two versions. One has a steel or cromo steerer tube, the other is aluminum.

I have the 07 version called the 454 U-Turn Air (aluminum steerer tube) on my SX. Works great for trail riding on Wilson's type riding. Haven't seen any DJ's since I have left FL, so no experience in that area.