Quantcast

RockShox Revelation 426 2008 & Maxxis Minion DH

giantkenny

Chimp
Jan 26, 2008
Malaysia
hi guys. just wanna ask what is the Revelation like? Is it reliable and good? :brow: heard that Tora's used to be ****ty.

and does Minion DH tires last?

thanks guys.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the revelation is like if you had a reda and a pike have sex. the pretty tough but not beat worthy. if you are smooth and light i bet it can take alot, but if you are not then i bet it will break pretty quick.

the pike on the other hand its tougher than it looks. if you are going to beat the fork get one of these.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i LOVE my pike, it's so well made and well thought out, it's just solid and predictable, not to mention low maintenance. i'm pretty sure i'll have one on every short travel bike i buy in the future.

as for minions, the super tackys don't last very long but they grip crazily well. i just got a set of the 3Cs and i can't comment on durability, but i've heard from guys in whistler that they do in fact last better than the super tacky. i wouldn't recommend getting the 60a one or whatever the hardest compound is if you're downhilling, they slip around much more than the other compounds, but at least they last long.

giantkenny

Chimp
Jan 26, 2008
Malaysia
thanks for the feedback guys.

so, now it's a cross between a pike and a revelation. i kinda like the revelation because of the colour white that i was kinda looking for. but hey, functions are better than looks. i'm kinda light, 175cm tall and 53 kg of meat. skinny guy.

oh and my bike's a hardtail. =D

as for the minions.. looks like its high roller for me.