Quantcast

RockShox Ti spring

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Haven't seen this mentioned on the forum yet.
I spotted a Ti spring on Eric Carters Vivid this weekend that was clearly labeled "RockShox." Looks like Obtainium will have some competition fairly soon. I think I'd rather "spring" for a RockShox Ti, of course depending on cost to weight vs. the Obtainium.
Anyways, I spotted the spring and though it was neat, thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
During the development of the Vivid, RockShox got a few Ti springs made for team members - that's probably one of them on EC's bike. Sam and a few other riders also had them.

Don't expect RS to sell any Ti springs....

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Back in Dec when I bought my vivid I called QBP and asked a few questions and they said that RS would be getting Ti springs outsourced and then rebadged as a RS product. 5 months later I still haven't seen anything so I'm kinda skeptical now.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
get a stencil and some paint and you can make the spring say whatever you want it to say

countless riders have been running brand x springs re badged to match the shock manufacturer they are sponsored by... nothing new

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
get a stencil and some paint and you can make the spring say whatever you want it to say

countless riders have been running brand x springs re badged to match the shock manufacturer they are sponsored by... nothing new
I understand that fully, I was just hoping that RS would make one then I would be able to get it out of QBP. Currently QBP or any of my other suppliers carry Ti springs, let alone one that fits the Vivid.