Quantcast

rockshox vivid 5.1 disassembly

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
i just felt like posting this because i couldnt find any disassembly pics for a rockshox vivid so this is for anyone thats interested...
here are a few pics i took during the disassembly of my shock
i wanted to go from tune b to tune c but i had to do it myself because the local dealer ignored my request for a few months

anyways here are the pics

tool to take the shock apart

tune c shim stack

*the 2nd white thing on the left is where the gold piston goes

shock disassembly with original tune b shim stack

*note*
i dont know if its just me but when i took the barrel with two holes out...a half melted + snapped o-ring came out along with it...you can see the melted plastic bits on some of the original shims
i didnt take a pic of the o-ring but i think it goes between the thing that centers the barrel and the barrel itself
since i didnt plan for this i had to reassemble the shock without the o-ring...it still works but whenever i compress the shock regardless of piston position, it feels like theres this notch i have to go through before it continues compressing

Last edited:

AzN_devil

Monkey
Jun 18, 2009
Hong Kong
Sold out, bummer.

Any chance I can borrow those tools from you? I will obviously pay shipping both ways.

My vivid desperately needs to be serviced and I just don't have the proper tools anymore.
sorry im still trying to find time to fix my o ring problem so i cant let you borrow mine yet..
click the email notification button....last time i clicked it they have the parts in stock after 3 weeks or so

or actually since you can grab the sram part number off the pdfs... you can try asking your dealer/lbs?