Quantcast

ROCKSUX Psylo SL woes...

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Kinda a dh/fr/xc fork... So I figured the Lounge would do.

2003 Maybe 04 Psylo SL 85-125mm. Adj rebound, U Turn, compression/lockout, oem springs.

The fork worked great for a week or so... Did a smallish drop to a down slope, landed both wheels at the same time... Maybe a little front end heavy. Was set at 125mm, the lock-out was not on. Landed, full compression to bottom out. Rebounded fine. kept riding, a few minutes later the fork started acting up. It would seem to lock out hitting small bumps at speed, after compressing only half an inch... If you ease it into the travel if will compress halfway, then stiffen, and compress the rest of the way. Dunno this makes any sense to anyone.

So now, the rebound adj does not work, and neither does the lock-out/compression adj. These are both on the right leg of the fork. The uturn is in the left. It also generaly feels like poo. I havent noticed any leaking oil.

At this point, I have bled the air out of the right leg. seemed to be a decent ammout stuck in there. I believe these forks use the same rebound/lock out cartridge as the SIDs do. The Pure cartridge, er whatever.... Just wonderin if anyone has had anything like this happen to their Psylo. Im gonna pull it apart compeltey tomorrow on my day off.

Love
Andrew

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I'm not sure how the internals compare to a boxxer, but I bottomed mine once and sucked the bottom-out bumper into the damper(I forget which side). Good luck.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Darkreaper said:
The stock spring in psylos is very soft, which couldn't have helped.
Agreed..
Ill be ordering heavyer springs, and whatever else I need later on today. Im headed to the shop now to open it up.
I have heard conflicing reports of oem oil weight.... 5 Or 7.5? I always ran 7.5 in my Shiver. This is slightly different fork though. Haha.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
=[Stinky]= said:
Agreed..
Ill be ordering heavyer springs, and whatever else I need later on today. Im headed to the shop now to open it up.
I have heard conflicing reports of oem oil weight.... 5 Or 7.5? I always ran 7.5 in my Shiver. This is slightly different fork though. Haha.
It was 5wt for my Boxxer.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
So....

The plastic seal head, that keeps the oil inside the rebound cartridge broke, allowing oil into the lowers causing cavatation.. sweeet. turns out all 03 forks and old had this part, the newer ones are made from aluminum.... Ordered that and some firm springs.

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
i broke the right leg dampener rod last year.
RS rebuilt it all and did new bushings on a 14 day turn around and it cost $90.US
It should be a warrrenty item you just pay shipping on.
Off to the LBS.

so i was jra and.....