Quantcast

Rocky Mountain ETSX Team

89vert

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
Vancouver
I have a chance to be a good used Rocky Mountain 2006 Team ETSX for about $ 3K

Anybody have any opinions on this bike or the price ...?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Don't forget, buying and selling an used bike is not based how much it is worth, but how much the market would bear.

Even a full XTR bike has lost value considering a total revamp in 2007.

89vert

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
Vancouver
The bike I'm looking at has never really been ridden .Guy who bought it
got injured playing Hockey and can't ride .

The only major difference between the "06 and the '07 that I can see is the '06 has a 1/2* more head angle and the shocks are slightly tweaked .

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't see how these two bikes are very different.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The bike I'm looking at has never really been ridden .Guy who bought it
got injured playing Hockey and can't ride .

The only major difference between the "06 and the '07 that I can see is the '06 has a 1/2* more head angle and the shocks are slightly tweaked .

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't see how these two bikes are very different.
Believe it or not, most people here cannot quote spec, and you didn't even list what parts were on the bike.

Anyway, I looked this year's and last year's model, and considering it is about about a $5000 bike new, $2000 off is a good price.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
That's a lot of coin for a used XC bike. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice bike with what appears to be the best of everything. But still, $3k for a used bike???

Although, $3 canadain dollars is what... like $2200 US? That's still a lot of money, but not soooo bad. Is it a good deal? Yea, probably, but do you really need a $3k used bike... especially an XC bike? It would be different if it were a DH bike I supposed, but you can get a hell of an XC bike for $2500 new.

So is it a good deal on that bike, yea... if it's in as good of shape as you say. Is it a smart buy? IMO, no.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Doesn't seem like a bad deal, especially if you meant 3000 Canadian. That's less than half price for a barely used bike. Go for it.

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
Don't forget, buying and selling an used bike is not based how much it is worth, but how much the market would bear.

Even a full XTR bike has lost value considering a total revamp in 2007.
does the 07' ETSX come with the new XTR?

I really liked the ETSX in 06. Make sure and have a mechanic set up the suspension for your weight and riding style if you buy it. From my experiences selling them, if not set up properly, the ETSX can seem like an 8" bike.