Quantcast

Rocky Mountain questions

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I went on to their website and they don't have a DH bike listed. Did they discontinue the Flatline? Is there something else they're replacing it with?

Second, a Google search said they manufactured over 8 million bikes in Canada, but it doesn't tell you if they're still made there. I didn't think they were, but I really don't know since I haven't looked at them in a long time.

Any pros/cons to their brand these days?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
As far as I recall, the Flatline has been gone for years.

More recently they had the Maiden, but that too is gone.

I doubt ANY of their bikes are made in Canada.

Their trail bikes are intriguing and seem to do well. @rideit enjoys his. Though they have definitely commanded a price premium over the last few years. For the cost of some of their bikes, there are (imo) some questionable component choices.

Last edited:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
No DH bike. I highly doubt any of their bikes are built in Canada anymore. The main selling point of their current bikes to me is the amount of adjustability to setup the bike to your liking via the Ride 9 settings and adjustable chainstays. I wish they raised the main pivot a touch though for more antisquat, as it's pretty low compared to other brands running horst links these days.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the flatline didn't last long, the initial version had a head tube junction design that was prone to folding in head on collisions. it was revised after a season but couldn't shake that bad reputation.

a buddy of mine had one, he hit a tree and the head tube steepened to something north of 70°

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
From what I get from a few team guys, the feel like they are generally faster on the Slayer, but they wish they still had the Maiden option. But the number of Maiden’s produced that actually sold for retail was so small, it was not worth pursuing.
I have been extremely happy with this last two generations of Altitudes and Instincts, and good god, the Element is the most capable Down-Duro bike I have ever ridden. But I’m a Homer, and get a hookup, so grain of salt, and all of that.