Quantcast

Rocky Mountain Signs Jamie Biluk, Ryan Vanderham to Race in 2011

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

Just got word that the Rocky Mountain race team for 2011 will include Canadian talents Jamie Biluk and Ryan Vanderham, both of whom will be riding the Flatline in North American races in 2011, including Windham and MSA.
---

Source: Rocky Mountain Bikes

Rocky Mountain Bicycles is excited to announce the addition of Jamie Biluk and Ryan Vanderham to its 2011 Factory DH Race Team. Both riders represented Canada at the 2010 World Championships and are two of Canada’s top downhill talents.

“We’ve had lots of success on the World Cup circuit recently with Team Maxxis-Rocky Mountain, and we’ll continue to do that, but we wanted a bigger DH presence at B.C. and national level events. With Ryan and Jamie forming the DH component of our factory team, we’ve got two of the top guys in Canada representing us. Also, having them in our backyard will be a big asset for R&D testing projects”, said Rocky Mountain’s sports marketing manager, Peter Vallance.

Originally from Winnipeg, but now living in Vancouver, Biluk, 25, has been a mainstay of the Canadian downhill circuit for several years and has been on countless BC Cup and Canada Cup podiums. “It’s awesome to be a part of the Rocky team for 2011. The team is stacked, the bikes are wicked and I look forward to a successful season. Rocky is a great Canadian company that kills it in the bike scene, and having this kind of support behind me will help me achieve my goals this season.”

After a breakout season in 2010, 20 year old Vanderham is looking to build on his success in 2011. The North Vancouver native echoes Biluk’s comments:

“I’m thrilled to be joining Rocky Mountain again. I was on a grassroots program with Rocky years ago, so it's exciting to be coming back and riding the Flatline and Slayer. Having support from a local company will put me in the best possible position to improve as a racer next season.”

Biluk and Vanderham will be competing at select BC Cup, Canada Cup, and Pro GRT races in addition to the Mont St. Anne and Windham World Cups.

2011 Rocky Mountain Factory DH Team Sponsors:

Shimano
Fox Racing Shox
Maxxis
Race Face
DT Swiss
Fi’zi:k
Honey Stinger
Sombrio Apparel
SuspensionWerx
Bondtraining.ca​