Quantcast

Rocky Mtn. DH and Freeriders

Jay_Reemin

Chimp
Nov 9, 2005
Just curious how many of us are there in the area, what the scoop is on the race events in the area, and how many of you would be interested in riding a new race series this summer for DH!?

I'm working with a local mountain that is offering my company the opportunity in putting on a DH race series with lift serviced access. We would be building a new DH trail with stunts and such. We are considering a 4 series race; late June, Mid-July, Mid-August, and a finally race in September incorporating a road biking event with bands, BBQ, and Beverage's. We are considering one practice day followed by the race day once a month. I want to branch out to the freeriders too to make this a colaboration of big bike fun so the course will consist of race material but lots of stuff that keeps the wheels off the ground.

I'm running this post to see just how many of us are out there that would be interested in a new place to race/play at once a month.

Let me know your thoughts on this :lighten: as I'd like to bring my experience with events from other areas to this area as it's my new home.

Take care and ride on!
~J

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
not sure what resort your work at. i think it may be about 10000 ft up and you would def get a great turn out for races. Currently at the msc races there are 300 ppl doing dh

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Sounds good to me. There is usually a small crowd at Keystone, and on the weekends it can get downright crowded. Another option wouldn't be bad at all.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
You are talking about an area with more concentration of gravity riders than almost anywhere else. MSC rounds pull hundreds of riders just for gravity every time. However, you will also find this group has fairly high standards for course and event quality. My advice, get some pro racers to help you build the course, and make sure you have experienced people helping you run the race. Try contacting Matt Thompson or Steve Wentz for starters. What kind of experience do you have in race promotion? We'll always take more races to do, but to be honest it sounds like you maybe are new or not from the area, so I would strongly suggest getting help and input on the course design. If you building something with bridges, poorly thought out or built jumps, or just plain bad flow you will find yourself being hated on in short order. I wish you the best of luck, just giving you fair warning. If you are looking for people to help, call up The Fix bike shop and we can give you contact info for some good people. 303-939-8349