Quantcast

Rocky RMX Owners

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
All of you rocky mountain rmx owners out there would anyone be interested in buying a set of new rockers that would slacken and lower the bike. My friend is designing a set in solidworks for me right now and they are almost done, he is just doing some strength analysis right now. They will be cnc'ed out of either 6061 or 7005. Once the first set is done I will test them for awhile to make sure they work right. I haven't decided on the exact angles yet but it will be alot slacker and lower. If people are interested we may do a small run of them. Once the first set is designed it is easy to tweak it for whatever angles you want and what year bike you have so you could have the angles you want.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
I dont have any numbers yet because I haven't made a decision but the head angle does directly influence the bb height so I will pick the best combo of the 2 for my riding. If you are interested my friend said he would tweak the numbers so you could get the combo of head angle and bb height that you want if you dont like the numbers I'm running so you would have custom rockers that have the geometry you want.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Ok, I got some ballpark numbers for my rockers, it will be based on a 2007 marzocchi 888rc2x so it is 604mm axle to crown and a 13mm stack height lower headset. This gives a 64 degree head angle and a 13.7 inch bb

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Since I'm selling my rmx I wont be getting these rockers made unless i decide to keep the frame but if anyone else in interested in the rockers for their bike i could put you in touch with the guy who designed them and you could get a set made with whatever geo you want.