Quantcast

rockyroads.net

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
i hope you enjoy his feminine side, he like playing oboe, and watching deep movies.
He has worked in grocery stores, hotel receptions, injection molding start ups, and theme park promotion? huh what?
and now he owns the most popular biking website ever...? makes total sense.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Im so blown away by why we need a bunch of dickheads in suits to fund racing. It seems like all the companies in the industry should come together to create and fund a new series. Give free caster total access to film, let all videographers/photographers have course access.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
The amount of grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes and general look of that site makes me want to stab a baby.

I would be extremely embarrassed to have my name on a site like that.

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
Im just going to say this without any evidence, but this reminds me of a common practice amongst Mexico's public health institutes, where its manager/CEO grants a contract to a company he is related to, providing a ****ty service/product with fake prices so the supplier have enough cash to pay the manager's bribe.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The amount of grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes and general look of that site makes me want to stab a baby.

I would be extremely embarrassed to have my name on a site like that.
It's a Belgian (Flemmish) website that has lackeys who translate into 4 languages. What do you expect?

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Boom Boom's riding for Yeti now ROCKYROADS, not GT!!!!

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
It's probably just easier to highlight deals that the UCI does which don't reek of corruption.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
What's even better than their completely fabricated traffic numbers are the average of 9 minutes on site. That doesn't happen. Ever. Even on real sites with massive legit content, places like cnn.
I just like the fact that between March and October 2011, they got 21 million unique visitors from Germany (that means one in four Germans visited the site), and 3.8 million UVs from Switzerland (one in 2 Swiss visited the site), and 8.6 million UVs from Belgium... which means 80% of the Belgian population visited the site during that time.

Seems realistic!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I just like the fact that between March and October 2011, they got 21 million unique visitors from Germany (that means one in four Germans visited the site), and 3.8 million UVs from Switzerland (one in 2 Swiss visited the site), and 8.6 million UVs from Belgium... which means 80% of the Belgian population visited the site during that time.

Seems realistic!
Alexa tells a much different story:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/rockyroadsnetwork.com#

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003

Seems realistic!
hilarious isn't it?

Even funnier is that they can claim those numbers, yet in the same breathe claim their demographics to be 75 male, most between 14-45.

Those are hard averages to achieve when your site attracts 80% of Belgium, 1/2 of Switzerland, 1/4 of Germany. Essentially every single male between 14-45 in all of those countries would have to visit the site for the rest to even make sense.

Why try to package and sell such a huge lie? What company (besides UCI) would actually fall for an advertising scam like the one in that power point that was posted.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Seems realistic!
Dear lord, those numbers are amazing. Way to put it in perspective.

Also, I love that every single person at the UCI is too ****ing stupid to figure this out. Such an absolute disgrace.

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Dear lord, those numbers are amazing. Way to put it in perspective.

Also, I love that every single person at the UCI is too ****ing stupid to figure this out. Such an absolute disgrace.
But where is RR getting money?? I mean I assume UCI made sure his check cleared right?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
But where is RR getting money?? I mean I assume UCI made sure his check cleared right?
Based on the internet mining I dug up a while back located in this thread, I'd theorize that these are white collar criminals/hustlers that pulled one over on the UCI or they are in bed with the UCI and fall somewhere under their umbrella as a means of controlling internet media access and funneling internet add/media revenues back to the UCI....

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Based on the internet mining I dug up a while back located in this thread, I'd theorize that these are white collar criminals/hustlers that pulled one over on the UCI or they are in bed with the UCI and fall somewhere under their umbrella as a means of controlling internet media access and funneling internet add/media revenues back to the UCI....
Seems far fetched IMO, but possible I suppose.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Seems far fetched IMO, but possible I suppose.
When they got all sorts of publicity at worlds, they still hadn't shown the UCI one penny. So even if they default on the deal and never pay up, they got ridiculous amounts of word of mouth, links (crucial for advertising) and temporary traffic boost. Genius.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
So even if they default on the deal and never pay up...
or if they don't default and do pay up, the money will most definitely not be coming from that website, that is for sure.

me thinks that whatever revenue stream they may have, it can only be from borderline legit "businesses"... i.e. SPAM

should provide some comic relief as the season plays out

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
or if they don't default and do pay up, the money will most definitely not be coming from that website, that is for sure.

me thinks that whatever revenue stream they may have, it can only be from borderline legit "businesses"... i.e. SPAM

should provide some comic relief as the season plays out
This is my guess as well, and has been since day 1, actually. They clearly run some sort of direct mailing business, based on their massive, unrelated, email lists. I will say that if I receive any unsolicited email from RR, they will get forwarded directly to a few people at the UCI. Every single time.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
be neat to see a 'santorum' scenario - ie, googling rockyroads results in link(s) to scam discussion / expose thread(s) such as these, above, or near, the site link. poetic justice of sorts. this thread is on the second page currently; adding 'scam' to the thread tile would help...

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
be neat to see a 'santorum' scenario - ie, googling rockyroads results in link(s) to scam discussion / expose thread(s) such as these, above, or near, the site link. poetic justice of sorts. this thread is on the second page currently; adding 'scam' to the thread tile would help...
now now.... innocent until proven guilty.