Quantcast

ROCO air fit on a Nicolai UFO ST?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Looks like go-ride has good pricing on the ROCO Air WC, so I'm thinking of getting one for my Nicolai UFO ST. Anyone run one? I would like to be sure there are no fit issues before it post up the greenbacks.

Any comments on performance would be welcome as well. :brows:

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
Awesome shocks. But no idea if they will fit sorry. Height is slightly smaller than a dhx air if that helps...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I've got an email out to Nicolai, but god knows how long that will take. I called go-ride, and they say Nicolai sightings in the area are pretty rare and they have no idea. Somebody hook a brutha up and drop some knowledge.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looking at the frame, I'd be inclined to say yes if you mount the resi end of the shock to the front triangle and not the swingarm (depending on which swingarm eyelet you use).

Have you tried contacing Marz?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well, Nicolai replied
the Ufo ST is designed to run a coil spring shock. We can only warrant a proper function with on of our originally offered shocks. We don't know if a Roco air will bring a good performance and we don't know if it can be mounted without causing an impact. You would have to try out at your own risk.

BTW - called Marzo and they said that they aren't able to get the Nicolai fitment geo numbers.