Quantcast

Roco Air on 2012 Demo 8?

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
Any one know if a Roco Air WC would fit a 2012 Demo 8 . I have a friend selling one at a good price and I'm tempted to give it a try in place of the stock VanRC. The bottom out adjustments and reduced weight are interesting me. I had a roco coil on my last bike and liked it.

OBB

Monkey
Sep 25, 2008
Also make sure the Roco eyelet fits the wishbone link piece. Not sure if I've seen Marz shock on a latest gen Demo yet.

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
Also make sure the Roco eyelet fits the wishbone link piece. Not sure if I've seen Marz shock on a latest gen Demo yet.
was just about to say. TOok a while for that shock link piece compatible with the Vivid to manifest itself, and no word since about one compatible with Marzo.

gravityhelps

Chimp
Jun 19, 2012
was just about to say. TOok a while for that shock link piece compatible with the Vivid to manifest itself, and no word since about one compatible with Marzo.
wait what?! are u taking about the vivid air? or coil or better yet both. ive been holding off on getting a shock mainly because the ccdb is backordered for the demo at the moment. if a vivid now fits ill just go that route. any chance u got a link or anything? ive emailed sram but im still waiting on a response.

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
wait what?! are u taking about the vivid air? or coil or better yet both. ive been holding off on getting a shock mainly because the ccdb is backordered for the demo at the moment. if a vivid now fits ill just go that route. any chance u got a link or anything? ive emailed sram but im still waiting on a response.
speak with Spesh instead, as they are the providers of compatible links, not the shock-makers.

OBB

Monkey
Sep 25, 2008
The Vivid will fit the CCBD link with minor filing on the Vivid eyelet. By minor, I mean barely anything at all, just taking off a bit of ano.

earide

Chimp
Feb 25, 2015
Hello any updates from compatibility with the Marzo Roco Air and the demo?
how works this shock?? :)
Thanks a lot

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
I never went for it. From what I read the ROCO would not fit. Ended up spending cash upgrading my fork instead to a Avalanche cart. Will be sending them my shock this winter for a rebuild too.

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
i really wouldn't recommend an air shock on a demo 8. the leverage ratio on the demos is already super high. i think a coil would be better.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I have a roco air that came with an old frame. I keep it around as a back up shock for when my main shock is broken. That thing has the weirdest spring curve ever. Do people actually rate these things still?