Quantcast

roco or dhx??????????????

dmilkman589

Chimp
Mar 5, 2008
ny
im buying a new rear shock, should i get the roco world cup from marzochi or the dhx 5.0 from fox. im racing dh and the ocational freeride jump. and lots of big drops,just for fun.. o and im puttin it on the 2007 rotec rl9 frame. any recomendations?????????????

:biggrin::busted:

yeah, i'm sponsored, but i truly cant say i've done much for representing the company outside of a local underground race with like 14 people and my typical 6hr. DH/FR/DJ/HK thrash rides 4 or 5 days a week...

and if you can get the Rocco and end up having problems with it, i'm 100% that Sully would be stoked to help you out anywhere!

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I can't speak from personal experience having ridden only the Fox and Manipoo stuff, but my bro has been on both the DHX and the Roco and swears by the new RS Vivids in comparison.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
people, people! it's ROCO! not rocco.

the saying isn't "rock out with your cock cock out"

go for the ROCO if you want smooth, reliable damping.
go for the dhx if you want a pedal platform.

the ROCO will have better small bump sensativity.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
just let me say as a simple comparison, the good old curb test at 10-15mph. the roco blows the dhx out of the water. not dhx is not bad you can feel the curb pretty good but the roco just makes it plain disappear. also from the little experience on the 2 shock the roco will have much much better small bump sensitivity.

btw i'm comparing a dhx to a roco wc AIR. not coil to coil. and they both were/are on a cove peeler.