Quantcast

Rode @ Dark Mtn, Wilksboro

WHEWWWW.......

Had fun today in Wilksboro, NC. I was up there for a baby shower for my wife's best friend, went out and rode at Dark Mtn. Courtesy of GAURD. Thanks to GAURD for the grand tour. It was a great ride. Unfortunately, I am recouping from rotator cuff surgery, so I didn't get to ride to my full ability, but it was still a blast.

PROPS to all the folks who have put in countless hours building that place. It is heavy on burms, which is :thumb: . Nice rollers, the climbs suck :drool: , but was still a blast, the down hill run on the loop side was a blast, nice tabletop and great jumps.

We need to get some of you guys that helped build Dark Mtn. and school some of these fools around here on building :help: . Just kidding guys, dont get mad and send me pms'.

Anyway thanks again GAURD for the ride and conversation.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Good riding with you as well. Let me know next time your in the area & we'll ride all of Dark Mtn. And hopefully I can get down in your neck of the woods...ah concrete...cause it sounds like the riding is awesome!!!

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
But is it even really a mountain..............

anyway, it is a pretty fun course.
I know its early to be asking, but there is going to be another race next season right? any changes to the course?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
SD_TMTB said:

I know its early to be asking, but there is going to be another race next season right? any changes to the course?
Yes there will be a race and there will be a lot of changes, per Matt.

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
stubby said:
hey guard, im coming up there soon, ill pm u and see if we can ride somtime. i live not too far from there!
come to pee wees this sat matt, itll be fun!
I'd like to hit up pee wees however I've got to work on the trail this weekend. We've got around 150 boyscotts coming out the following weekend for national lands day so have to make sure some rough cutting is complete so they can finish it off.

Later

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
SD_TMTB said:

Yeah, we'll definitely have a race next year & hopefully lots of changes. We're currently working to extend the OVT trail to a campground down the road a ways. We've got about 2-3 miles left but the terrain is extremely rough going. If we can complete this by the end of November then there's a possiblity that we can make a real dh course on a near by real mtn. :thumb: The mtn already has a road to the top so shuttling will be easy & the course will definitely be big bike material...just got to talk the Ranger's into it so keep your fingers crossed! :D