Quantcast

Rode Rat Pack Wednesday 5/7

Feb 2, 2008
Sorry no pix, but what a great ride. Came across a tiny bit of snow but trail is in great shape. The bottom section has been changed and is still very new. But overall a great ride. This was my first dh experience. Bought a big hit 1 late winter and love the bike. Definetly hooked.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
The upper "newer" section is still covered with snow and only minimally cleaned up after logging up there. The "old" lower section still starts from the junction of the road climb and the ridge road.

Now, it runs East towards Cle Elum just above the very lowest section where you used to run along/under the sandstone hoodoo.

I like the new section but it puts you about a half mile East of where you used to come out.

Just spent Friday eve and all day today(Saturday) on the North side of the ridge and we hit snow about half way up the back and in patches all over the back even down to the river.

BTW: Motocrosser128, there is no "k" in "Rat Pac"... :)

Feb 2, 2008
Im confused about where the trail starts. I talked to the Cle Elum Bike and board guys yesterday and they said it started at the junction, where i started. How far are you saying it goes up and where did you get into snow? There were 2 or 3 spots on the trail but you could just ride through without problem. Maybe i'm not starting at the top

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
For a long time, the trail started where you went in, between the two big firs at the junction. Then, an upper section was added across the road and to the West. This was recently logged and some (including myself) have done some clearing to it. But, it's not back and ridable that I know of. I don't know what the intent is of the builders is to re-build or not. Lots more snow up there now however.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Remember when there was a little log across the gap between the trees and you got to start the trail with a little moto braaap and pop a wheelie over it? I sent a few people that way for this weekend. S/B good. Off the back this weekend, maybe I'll see you over there Borrego. Bring yer skeerdy cat dogs wit ya. ;)

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
Yeah, you could ride another few hundred yards up the road and break to the right, up the ridge, to hit another section before getting to the main entrance (shown above).

I havent been out there in years and will need to make it out this spring/summer.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Locked more often than not unless you know the long way around. But, that's almost not even worth it.

No upper trail at this time Toughguymagee. Logged off.