Quantcast

Rode the Kamikazee Wednesday.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Yeah, I know, big deal, it's only a service road speed trap. Well, considering I missed riding last year in Mammoth, and wife was cool enough to let me bring my bike for our over-nighter so I could ride, I just HAD to do it. Oh, was it fun (for me). As I started, a mom told her son to watch, that I was going to fly down the trail. I replied that I didn't know if I'd be flying, but that it was still going to be fun. For some stupid reason I forgot about the loose granite and had the wrong tires (needed more of a knob, oh well). Also tried to use my ContourGPS cam and still do not have the angle right (looking about 10ft in front of me instead of down the trail. I'll get it right yet).

Sorry, no pics and I'm not pleased with the video, so you'll just have to trust me when I say it was a beautiful blast.......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Bummer, guess I'll just have to stfu then, haha........

How'd the brakes work or did they after the 2nd corner? Glad you got to get some pucker effect there this year.
Brakes worked fine. Guess my speed isn't fast enough to burn them out. Oh, I did find out afterwards that I broke a piston post on the rear, so back for repair they go. Best part of the run was stopping by Chair 14 to see the view from the time capsule I left a couple years ago.....