Quantcast

Rode tiger for the first time this am

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Made it all the way to the top on my ol singlespeed!! Im gonna be going a few mornings a week from now on if anyone cares to join.

funne

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
not sure, I just know I biked for 3 miles straight up then started on the preston rr trail, not sure where we went from there. By the end of the ride I was seeing double:o:

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I'm not going to bag on you due to incriminating photos in your possession, but I'll ride with you when I'm up there.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Originally posted by PsychO!1
I thought you gave up on bikes and strictly rode fashion models now.:D
ahaaaa. I gave up on photographing the bikes not riding them. As far as the models, well thats a story for another time and place... but watch out for my makeup girl!!

I will say the weight of my camera gear not being there has made me much faster. I might even be able to beat serial midget on the uphills(not likely):D

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I'll be in town doing evening rides on the 11th and 12th if you're interested. I have reserves during the day. If you guys are available after 5 let me know. I was thinking Tiger on Friday and Sawyer on Saturday, but that's completely open to change.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Originally posted by Vno
I'll be in town doing evening rides on the 11th and 12th if you're interested. I have reserves during the day. If you guys are available after 5 let me know. I was thinking Tiger on Friday and Sawyer on Saturday, but that's completely open to change.
arg. Mornings are best for me. I work in the afternoons and then Im pretty busy in the evenings with photoshoot stuff:(

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
Was there still a lot of water up there? I know that a couple days ago some of my friends were riding there and said that the trail was under a solid 6" of water all the way down.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by derekpearson
i went with some xc dudes from work. and did I rub it in that I smoked them up the hill? yes
haha once you ride with xc dudes you become one. Haha you're infected with xc!!!#$!@#$!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by Zaskar Rider
Was there still a lot of water up there? I know that a couple days ago some of my friends were riding there and said that the trail was under a solid 6" of water all the way down.
it takes a few days of dry weather but the trail's probably prime now.....

but really i love riding Preston in the rain, it's like pretending your a spawning salmon, but going downstream of course.:p

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
Hmm, I think I'll have to pass on the spawning salmon idea ;) But I haven't gotten up to preston yet this season since it opened, I should really get going up there soon.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
We did Tiger last night and it was pretty wet still. There were streams going down the trails...it was great...it rinsed of the mud!!!:D

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
Originally posted by MUTOLI
We did Tiger last night and it was pretty wet still. There were streams going down the trails...it was great...it rinsed of the mud!!!:D
the Whistler mud?:)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
No kidding....that was a mud fest. Don't you love it when you're hosing your bike off at Whistler and you get sprayed in the face by the other people there...I took a nice shot in the face on Sunday!!!!:think:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
No kidding....that was a mud fest. Don't you love it when you're hosing your bike off at Whistler and you get sprayed in the face by the other people there...I took a nice shot in the face on Sunday!!!!:think:
What's hosing off your bike? Never done it :confused:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
That's right...you and trailhacker don't know that concept...hehe! Just kidding. Your new Turner is always clean though....:confused:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
That's right...you and trailhacker don't know that concept...hehe! Just kidding. Your new Turner is always clean though....:confused:
Ha! You should see it now...it's still covered in mud from Monday, even after riding yesterday :o:

We wash our bikes about as often as we wash our cars.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
ahahaa, yeah I don't think people understand the concept that water coming out of a hose doesn't stop at their bike. Saturday I stayed stayed nice and dry...until I went to wash off my bike:dead: